Thread: Step Upgarding XTS5000 Firmware

Thanks

Default Step Upgarding XTS5000 Firmware

Hey all im attempting to upgrade the firmware of a 5k i just got from 2.xx.xx to the latest. I know i need to upgrade in stems but the earliest i found was 15.xx.xx. Does anyone know where i can find earlier versions? I found a thread on here with a huge library of firmware but they are all bin files, not cvn files. Can these be used as well?

Thanks
    Conner

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cms1126 View Post
    Hey all im attempting to upgrade the firmware of a 5k i just got from 2.xx.xx to the latest. I know i need to upgrade in stems but the earliest i found was 15.xx.xx. Does anyone know where i can find earlier versions? I found a thread on here with a huge library of firmware but they are all bin files, not cvn files. Can these be used as well?

Thanks
    Conner
    We didn't post any binary files for the ASTRO25 line, what you are looking at is incorrect. They are all .cvn files.

You don't need to update in (sic) stems. Update it to R17.01.01, which is the newest.

If your 5000 has the RAM22 processor, which it likely does since it is so old you shouldn't update past version 14. Radios with RAM22 processors have problems Motorola refuses to acknowledge or fix.

Here is R12.00.07

Thanks

Default Thanks

Sweet Thanks!!
    I just downloaded it. Do i need CPS r12.00.00 to flashzap it or can i use 7.00.00 depot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezking View Post
    We didn't post any binary files for the ASTRO25 line, what you are looking at is incorrect. They are all .cvn files.

You don't need to update in (sic) stems. Update it to R17.01.01, which is the newest.

If your 5000 has the RAM22 processor, which it likely does since it is so old you shouldn't update past version 14. Radios with RAM22 processors have problems Motorola refuses to acknowledge or fix.

Here is R12.00.07

Thanks

Just tried it with 07 and it said it could not open the radio. however i can read wright and change the flash of the codeplugs.

Thanks

Just tried it with 07 and it said it could not open the radio. however i can read wright and change the flash of the codeplugs. then tried again without putting it in bootstrap mode and it said downloading on the screen then failed again.

Thanks

Why are you using Depot?

Thanks

originaly i had 17.00 but it was way too new to program up the r02 firmware radio so the depot was the earliest i had.

Thanks

All is figured out...sorry for mentioning the "D" word on the site.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,928 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cms1126 View Post
    All is figured out...sorry for mentioning the "D" word on the site.
    You can mention Depot all you want. It's Motorola's fault it's leaked all over the Internet. They are too loose and open about their internal security policies. We just don't trade it here, as it's not ours to trade.

Thanks

Gotcha! Im new to the whole Moto thing. Been around Kenwood, Icom and BK stuff mostly. This forum has been a huge help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    You can mention Depot all you want. It's Motorola's fault it's leaked all over the Internet. They are too loose and open about their internal security policies. We just don't trade it here, as it's not ours to trade.

deputy13 No Longer Registered

If the software is all over the internet why is it so hard for me to find the latest CPS for the Astro Spectra. Good to be part of this form.

Thanks

It's right here on this site...

deputy13 No Longer Registered

Yea a friend of mine told me the link and was able to download. Now to see if I can program the Astro Spectra I received the other day. Thanks for this form.