Thread: Doesn't MOL allow users from Australia anymore ?

Thanks

Default Doesn't MOL allow users from Australia anymore ?

I have an MOL account and have had it for several years

A mate of mine who has left Mother M (made redundant) has gone out on his own and he is a bloody good techo

Anyway he tried to set up an MOL account and after 24 hrs got an email back to say as he was in Australia he was not able to have an account.

How is he supposed to legally set himself up to support M products ?

Has anyone else experienced this rather odd response from MOL

Strictly by the MOL rules I can't even help him out and buy it for him through my account !

Thoughts, comments appreciated.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Hi Mike

Yep. I'm in Canada and was denied a MOL account this week. I fired off a nice response to them, to which I received no reply. Come to your own conclusions. I think they're $@T$@% idiots.

to Motorola, xxxx.xxxxxxx

Re: Case Number Update xxxxxxxx

Your response is rude and unacceptable. I am not a reseller; I am a single-person who repairs Motorola equipment. I require a MOL account so I can receive a $xxxx MOL credit from the DIU3000 buy-back program. How else am I supposed to receive a MOL credit, if I do not have a MOL account?

Please stop wasting my time with this application process. Do you not want my money? What the hell is the matter with Motorola's corporate thought process? Customer has money; his money keeps you employed. Piss off customer; customer goes somewhere else and you lose revenue.

Would you rather people pirate your software? How else is a customer supposed to purchase CPS. Maybe I'll just go download it from one of the Russian websites. Saves me $500 and I don't have to waste time dealing with a corporation who doesn't want my money.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Motorola AutoNotify-CSC075 wrote:
    FR: xxxxxx

Your case was closed on Aug 20th, the closing case notes are:

"CASE CLOSE 08/20/2012 03:38:17 PM xxxxxx

The territory account manager has denied the request. The reason is that there are a sufficient number authorized resellers and authorized service partners in the xxxxxxxx area.

Your case will now be closed.

Thank you,
    CCS Canada
    8/20/12

If you have further questions on the resolution of the case you can email the account manager at: xxxx.xxxxxx@motorolasolutions.com

Your case is closed.
    Regards,
    CCS Canada

mtp850 No Longer Registered

Mrtor, MOL australia accounts are seriously outdated(even dealer accounts ). Old doco and firmware files, very slow cps updates, old and conflicting price lists. Moto, I know your reading this, how about looking after the customers that buy your gear?

Thanks

Know I had to produce just cause to be able to purchase astro mobile & portable which is a bloody joke when I can buy that tier of radio here in Australia.... They certainly like to make it difficult to want to do business with them don't they ?

Wake up Moto !!

Thanks

Like dealing with the government

No further correspondence will be entered into "f" off ! Lol

PRC148 No Longer Registered

I noticed many of the manuals and RSS/CPS packages that had been on our account for years are now missing. Apparently someone did inventory and realized they were being the slightest bit friendly and couldn't have that going on.

mtp850 No Longer Registered

speak of the devil, R17.01.02 was finally updated in the last 24hrs! date of 30.8.12!

syntrx No Longer Registered

MOL North America (http://businessonline.motorola.com) hasn't allowed users outside North America for years.

Your mate needs the Asia-Pacific site: https://asiaonline.motorola.com/