Thread: Astro Spectra and "disc" audio

Thanks

Default Astro Spectra and "disc" audio

I'm tryinng to get disc audio out on pin 11 of a astro spectra, so far without luck.

D04UJH9PW7AN
    Firm 11.00.01.00
    DSP N07.03.06
    45B008-0C1800-2

Looking at the accessory connector pinout in the DSM it shows pin 11 as Disc. Aud/RX-232C. I have spent a lot of time with the CPS and the DSM but have not been able to figure out what I need to do to get Pin 11 to supply disc. audio.

Anybody solved this, I need HELP.

Thanks,
    apx-fail999

Thanks
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 1,470 Posts

There are 0-ohm jumpers which install on the command board, which route certain features/lines to those pins. The DSM should outline -- or at least provide some hints, as to which jumpers must be installed to achieve certain results.

The VIP lines are controlled by these jumpers, too.

Thanks

There are three jumpers you typically switch which change the accessory connector from having the RS-232 / data to external Disc, COR ( or VRS PTT ) , MIC and PTT.

You usually want the COR with the disc audo so you can gate it for most applications.

Have had to do this numerous times for cross-band and overhead PA .

If you do not have tweezers use two small irons to move the jumpers ( had to do this in the field )

This is in the DSM table 7-5

Thanks

Guys, thank you so much. I must have gotten brain dead searching the DSM. I've changed jumpers on regular Spectras for years and fighured it would be somethiong like that on the Astro Spectra.
    Now on to table 7-5 and some solder smoke.

Thanks again,
    apx-fail999