Thread: MTS 2000 power up trouble

ahandy88 No Longer Registered

Default MTS 2000 power up trouble

I have a problem with my mts2000

On power up, the green light comes on and stays on.
    No beeps, no tones, on keypresses or otherwise.
    No info on the display. Can't even get it to light up (unknown if the top side button is programmed for light or not).
    Can't read radio... Either get a timeout or NAK error.
    Tried writing to radio with archive and get same timeout or NAK errors.

Somebody at the forum can help me

TQ

Thanks

Take the radio apart and make sure everything is seated together properly.

MODAT No Longer Registered

Likely the EEPROM on the controller has been corrupted. I had this happen to two of my MTS2000s when writing an s-record to them that had apparently become corrupt. If this is the case your radio is now a brick and will need a replacement controller board or will need the EEPROM itself replaced (easier said than done). Even if you did replace the EEPROM it would likely require the use of special tools to load your radio info to the controller board. If worse comes to worse I may be able to help you with this, send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,305 Times in 1,799 Posts

If you would like the radio repaired, I have all the tools and hardware to do it. The cost would be $51.45 CAD + shipping. This is my hourly rate. Also included would be a firmware bump to the latest.

Yes I am having a problem after writing s-records by using MTSX Lab Tools, how about special tools to load my radio?

Thanks

What special tools are you alluding to?

Thanks

ahandy88: Why didn't you state you were messing around with Labtool in your first post? We are glad to help you here, but you wasted Pezking's time by misleading him as to a possible hardware problem, when indeed you corrupted the contents of the EEPROM (where codeplug resides) by screwing around with Lab.

The answer to your question was rather obvious. Radio was working; you jammed a Labtool codeplug in there; radio stopped working. Cause: Corrupt codeplug.

The Radio Operating System (ROS) is hanging on boot, because there are invalid/unknown instructions being interpreted by the ROS at the time of boot. The fix is to restore a valid set of configuration options to the EEPROM. The "codeplug", which lives on the EEPROM, is simply a configuration/database file.

thanks for your answers Mars
    For returns codeplug back to normal how, because I can not connect the radio to the rib, is there another way of flash.? I have 2 normal codeplug 1 from my radio before programming write s from lab tolls, 1 again from internet.

Thanks

Why can't you connect the radio to your RIB?

MODAT No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by ahandy88 View Post
    thanks for your answers Mars
    For returns codeplug back to normal how, because I can not connect the radio to the rib, is there another way of flash.? I have 2 normal codeplug 1 from my radio before programming write s from lab tolls, 1 again from internet.
    At this point there is no way for you to communicate with the EEPROM via conventional programming methods. It IS possible to communicate with the FLASHRom but that won't do you any good as the EEPROM is where the problem lies. Your only options at this point are controller board replacement, EEPROM replacement, or paperweight.