Thread: Harris Unity XG-100 Programming

Thanks

Default Harris Unity XG-100 Programming

I have the Conventional only RPM and cable if anyone needs assistance getting anything programmed. Or questions I might answer.

NO, this is NOT an offer to distribute software illegally.

Let me know if my services can be of any use.

This is not a classified posting, but a FREE service.

Thank you,
    -Dan

Thanks

Obviously, most aren't comfortable shipping a $5k+ radio to just anyone...

Another option: send me your frequency data along with any other specifics and I'll email you a mission plan that can be programmed by a shop, without them charging you $50 an hour to edit freqs.

123 No Longer Registered

As a side note: If the radio has P25 trunking in the feature string you can NOT program the Conventional part of the codeplug anymore with that software as it will brick the radio, you must use the TQS3385 RPM software.

Thanks

All you need to do is read and save the codeplug, then just email the codeplug to someone with what you need. We have the trunked version of RPM6B at work. I would be willing to give it a shot if you can get the codeplug to me. After I see the codeplug I can answer your questions. We have not gotten any of the XG-100's yet but I know the software works on them. If you can include a mission plan I would be happy to dump it into the codeplug and send it to you. Once you have it programmed you can go in and poke around to learn the what's and how's.

123 No Longer Registered

If someone can read the codeplug themselves, then why would they need someone else to work on it for them? Also all of you need to be careful who you are helping, as you may hurt them more then actually help..

Example. If you have someone with a conv. only feature code radio, and you mess with their codeplug using "RPM" Radio Personality Manager, that person will no longer be able to use "CPS" conv. programming software if they wish in the future. $2,500 {RPM} Vs $250 {CPS} software package is a big price difference.

Also RPM R9A is the latest version, which is what I have. You need to be careful and double check the firmware version of the radio you are doing because if you use R6B on a newer firmware radio you will also cause several problems. So again, you may be doing more harm then good...and your "free" help will turn into a costly adventure that you will have to eat since you will be the cause. So do not be so quick to just "help" anyone without knowing what you are doing first.