Thread: Harris Unity Scanlists

Thanks

Default Harris Unity Scanlists

I've noticed a few quirks with Harris RPM that are new to me, as I'm used to
    using Moto CPS. Worthy of note is that you can only scan those channels that are
    in your "System" (or Zone/Bank of 48 channels, A1-C16), and thus the active
    scanlist is the same regardless of what channel you have selected on the knob.
    Well... I like being able to scan certain channels based on what channel is
    selected (for instance channel 15 scans 14 and 1, while 16 scans 13 and 2). So I
    developed a work-around: using the Mixed System Zone or Command Tactical Zone
    you can create a System that uses multiple Channel Lists (and therefore multiple
    scanlists). I'll use "South" and "North" as scanlist examples.

All the channels that you want to scan when operating in the Northern region get
    placed in a Zone, likewise with the Southern channels. When you create the Mixed
    System Zone or CTZ you add your Southern and Northern channels from their
    respective Zones (placing them in whatever order you want, A1-C16). Using the
    keypad edit your scanlists on a per-zone basis. Now when you are on a Northern
    channel, you will only scan Northern channels and vice-versa. Taken to the
    extreme, you could conceivably have 48 different Systems, one for each channel,
    and each could have it's own scanlist. Only problem is this will only work in
    the Mixed System Zone and Command Tactical Zone. 48-96 channels are plenty
    enough for me, though.

Now if I could only figure out how to scan across different waveforms... (e.g.
    Scan P25 while operating on an FM channel).

May seem simple to some but hopefully useful.

-Dan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Karma View Post

Now if I could only figure out how to scan across different waveforms... (e.g.
    Scan P25 while operating on an FM channel).

May seem simple to some but hopefully useful.

-Dan
    Have you found any solution to this yet? I have not been able to get any combination of cross-systems to scan.
    It seems that no matter what system I am in I am limited to scanning that particular type. Whether its P25 conventional, P25 trunked, and all 3 bands of Analog.

-Coxie

Thanks

So the radio can't scan analog and p25 conventional? That's lame as hell.

Thanks

A dynamic scan is not possible and scanning trunked as well as conventional, or multiple trunked systems is a no go. And yes 48ch per zone is the max. You are also VERY limited to customizing the buttons on the radio. One solution.... APX

Thanks

Magnus: Yes you can scan Analog and P25 Conventional, we don't have any problems with that.

Otter9309: We have been able to scan Analog and P25 while on a P25 trunked system. The brochure states that it will scan multiple systems. Does this mean actual different trunked systems, (eg: Motorola Smartzone and Tait) or does this just mean different systems as I build them into the RPM. Because I can build every single channel into a separate system. :P

Coxie

Thanks

Maybe this will be fixed with a future firmware release? I don't have a subscription for firmware updates, so I'm stuck... The advertising literature all stated the XG-100 could scan across all waveforms and encryption types. This does not appear to be the case.

Thanks

Magnus:
    I don't have the most current firmware (but it was last year). I can program a zone of fm channels, or of p25 channels, but channels are only scanned within-zone. You can't even have both p25 and fm channels in the same zone, save for one 'mixed system zone' and a user programmable 'command tactical zone' which are made up of channels individually added to a common zone from elsewhere. But when you select a channel in a 'mixed system zone' the scanlist that's active is the channel list of whatever zone the channel originally came from.

I hate to say it, but I actually MISS Motorola.

That being said, show me another radio that does 136-174, 380-520, and 764-896...