Thread: APX7000 info

RADAR No Longer Registered

Default APX7000 info

Hi
    I'm still finding my feet when it comes to the APX series any way there is a couple of burning questions I'm hoping someone can help me with, for one I thought they were ment to be 1250chs yet I can only get 255chs in the CPS secondly there appears to be missing hardware for the accessory connector to work properley as I cant get speaker mics and the likes to work off of the side port and thridly on UHF analog is ok but on P25 when it TX's its like it is out of lock and drops packets? back ground on the unit was bought from HK via a australian facebook HAM group and has one of those skinny tags I have read about on other posts, VHF / UHF 1.
    Thanks Radar

Thanks
    Thanked 6,631 Times in 1,889 Posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a parts-built/Accelerated Life Tested (ALT) radio.

It was likely never meant to be operated.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, what are the model number, Host/DSP and FLASHcode?
    Andrew

Thanks

It probably needs a full alignment and a expansion board. Not sure about your channel limit, you are adding more than one channel per personality right?

Thanks

Post a picture of the tag.

on the tag it says, Model H97TGD9PW1AN, Flash 9A4218-011692-0, FW R05.00.00 host and DSP the same as FW 64MEG Flash type P30 1340nm dual, Proc Ver OMAP1710, dunno how much that will tell you guys.

Thanks

A picture of it they will be able to tell if its a legit tag or a fake

its not a legit tag doesnt have any motorola insignia on it

Thanks

Yeah, its a ALT or developmental radio. The expansion board will probably fix your speaker mic audio and the alignment is definitely necessary. Then with a little luck it will be a great radio for you, just hope your not into it for too much $.

ohh ok thanks, where would one obtain this hardware, and any ideas on my channel capacity problem?

Thanks

You should be able to order one through any motorola dealer. If you don't have a local one you can contact Jeff @ sandy's communications http://www.sandyscomm.com he is well respected in the community and can get just about anything at a reasonable price. Read the radio and post a screenshot of the radio information General and tracking sections and I'll see what I can tell you about the channel problem.

pepsima1 No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You should be able to order one through any motorola dealer. If you don't have a local one you can contact Jeff @ sandy's communications http://www.sandyscomm.com he is well respected in the community and can get just about anything at a reasonable price. Read the radio and post a screenshot of the radio information General and tracking sections and I'll see what I can tell you about the channel problem.
    Will they sell portable radios to people or do you have to be a public agency to buy equipment? I am probably looking to buy an xts2500. I have seen alot of posts about people getting turned down on trying to buy commerical grade equipment

Thanks
    Thanked 6,631 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
    Will they sell portable radios to people or do you have to be a public agency to buy equipment? I am probably looking to buy an xts2500. I have seen alot of posts about people getting turned down on trying to buy commerical grade equipment
    Jeff (Sandy's) sells to anyone. Excellent pricing and service. It's where I buy most of my gear.

Landcruzed No Longer Registered

Sorry to hear that! I've heard of ALT radios...... How do they get on the market?

Thanks

lots of ways... when they are supposed to be destroyed after use.. the scrap company looses a few... Few get borrowed for field use and not returned...

Thanks

As Firecpt says, they're not supposed to make it to the market, but the sheer number of ALT radios out there would suggest to me that there's something more sinister going on than just the odd one not being returned?

My personal opinion is that someone with "access" is dumpster-diving at Mexirola on a regular basis and selling gear that was scheduled for the landfill to certain parties, one eBay seller from Hong Kong in particular comes to mind, these third-parties are building radios out of the parts and they end up on the ham market?

I guess it's possible that there may be some more official arrangement in place but it really doesn't benefit Motorola to have these 'dirty' radios floating around so I think it unlikely?

There are apparently even some very early APX's getting around that think they're XTS5000's!
    Andrew

standardmissile No Longer Registered

This HK entity have a name?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by standardmissile View Post
    This HK entity have a name?
    Panter 88, Panter8888