Thread: CPS 8.0

Thanks

Default CPS 8.0

According to the TRBO Yahoo group, CPS 8.0 has been released. Unfortunately I don't have access to it with my MOL account so I'm not sure what is new in this release.

Thanks

Hello. New member here. Gary N4KVE. I've been on the other 2 radio forums for about 10 years, but I recently found this site. I use a few TRBO radios on a system some of us use here in SE Florida. My 2 radios have f/w 1.09.00, & I use CPS 7.6 to program them. In case I get another radio that has f/w higher than 1.09.00, will I still be able to use my CPS, or will I have to upgrade to the new 8.0? My working career has been in the auto parts business, & gun business. Radios are a hobby for me. Thanks for any help. GARY
    Last edited by N4KVE; Sep 16, 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks

Yes, as of 9/8/12 version 8 is out.

Thanks

But my question is will the CPS 7.6 work with the newest f/w, or must I upgrade to CPS 8.0? Thanks. GARY

Thanks

According to the release notes, you will need version 8 if you use f/w 2.01.

What’s new in the Release
    1) Auto Range Transpond System (ARTS™): An analog only feature that notifies a user when they are either "IN" or "OUT" of range of other ARTS enabled MOTOTRBO 2.0 subscriber
    2) Dual Capacity Direct Mode (aka 6.25e Direct Mode): Capability to support up to two simultaneous direct mode subscriber transmissions within a 12.5kHz allocation of spectrum without the use of a repeater
    2) Input Method Editor (IME): Introduces predictive text to MOTOTRBO 2.0 subscribers, which allows words/non-english characters to be entered by a single key press for each letter
    3) Radio Management (RM): Provides programmers the ability to manage their fleet of MOTOTRBO and MOTOTRBO 2.0 subscribers, and have the information saved in a centralized database.
    4) Over-the-Air-Programming (OTAP): Ability to configure MOTOTRBO 2.0 subscribers over-the-air on the DMR protocol. OTAP utilizes both the Motorola Presence Notifier to optimize over-the-air operations, as well as the Motorola Multi-Channel Device Driver (MCDD) because radios can move from channel to channel. These applications must be downloaded from Motorola Online.

Thanks

Thanks. Doesn't seem like I need any of that for ham radio use. XPR4550, & XPR6550. GARY

Thanks

With some of the changes to TRBO i feel that for mixed commercial/ham use it might be a very good idea to keep the radios and firmware at the 7.6 version. I see forced radio affiliation and verification on the horizon.

atms169 No Longer Registered

Where do you find it in the site? I have access but maybe it's restricted....??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,740 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atms169 View Post
    Where do you find it in the site? I have access but maybe it's restricted....??
    We don't distribute CPS for currently supported products. Please read the rules.

atms169 No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    We don't distribute CPS for currently supported products. Please read the rules.
    No I mean I have access on the Motorola Website (Motorola Solutions Business Center) but I can't find the CPS software. That is what I meant...

Thanks

It will not show up as available to purchase until you sign there software license agreement. Call 1-800-422-4210 and they should be able to help you.

Thanks

I agree, the best solution is just to create an account with Motorola; then you'll have access to the latest CPS, firmware, RDAC, etc.

Post edited by Mars: we don't discuss circulating or pirating currently supported software here. Thanks.