Thread: Anyone have programming/pinout information for titan 70-1344b?

KB0GLN No Longer Registered

Default Anyone have programming/pinout information for titan 70-1344b?

Hello Everyone: i purchased a 70-1344b and would like to put it on 2 meter ham band. Does anyone have info on what programming software works with this radio and and cable pinouts? i have schematic for 70-1308a rib box for syn-techII and XTR radios. i think the 70-1344b programs through the rj-45 mic connector anyone have the pin assignments to use this rib?
    I know is a lot to ask but can anyone confirm any programming software that will run under windows xp, i've heard that titan320.exe version 1.03 will. i am going to try to attach schematic for the rib box if anyone can use it note: been told to use tantalium caps in this circuit. Thanks for reading this too long thread 73's Joe KB0GLN.
    Attached Images Attached Images

R2600 No Longer Registered

This particular radio uses the 70-1309A Programming cable (For Titan/Bantam radios)

The software that you will need is the Titan 320 Version 1.03M (engineered specifically for Windows SP3), this was the final release of the software. It will run on Windows 7, but good luck getting it to read/write.

I will dismantle my 1309A cable and see if I can send you a schematic, I don't use it that often.

I will post the schematic here when I finish it.

KB0GLN No Longer Registered

Default successfully programmed titan.

Finally programmed my titan. wish i would have bought a few more now. The programmer i built had to be slightly modified since the radio did not supply 5 volts to operate the programmer . tapped the 5 volts from the serial port and added 5 volt regulator and small capacitor cured that problem. used pinout from manual and just connected send data to receive data, receive data to send data, rts to rtr ect. i am including a pinout of the rj45 connector as it may help someone in the future.
    Thanks for the help. i'm sure i'll have more questions ==== like anyone know how to define the "AUX" button to reverse tx and rx frequencies so i can easily monitor repeater inputs ??? saw this somewhere but didn,t bookmark it <my bad>.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KB0GLN View Post
    anyone know how to define the "AUX" button to reverse tx and rx frequencies so i can easily monitor repeater inputs ??? saw this somewhere but didn,t bookmark it <my bad>.
    Afik, commercial radios will do 'Talk Around'(making the RX and TX frequencies the same, but will not 'reverse' like hammy toys will.

WB5ITT No Longer Registered

Try the MidlandLMR@Yahoogroups.com list...lot of Titan (and STII/XTR) info there. I never have dealt with the Titans..but some folks have hacked them to 6m now on the LB models...I still have too many STII models to worry

markdunkle No Longer Registered

I just want to verify that the interface is TTL, not RS-232.