Thread: XTL1500 MX TO XTL5000 v16

Thanks

Default XTL1500 MX TO XTL5000 v16

Hello all:

I currently have an XTL1500 MX 7/800 and am looking to upgrade it to the XTL5000. Does it have the same flex cable? It is currently dash-mounted and wouldn't hurt to radio mount it, but I heard that's pretty expensive.

Also, if the XTL5000 control head is firmware v16 and my rf unit is v12, will that work? I don't have an iButton refresh key.

Thanks,
    Jason

Thanks

I would love to hear more on converting an XTL1500 into either a 2500 or 5000 as this would be the least expensive route for me to obtain a good ASTRO25 mobile. Anyone here done it? If so, how?

Thanks

Unfortunately the conversion of an XTL, which is still a radio currently supported by Motorola, cannot be discussed here as it breaches the rules of the forum; as you pointed out yourself, converting a cheaper 1500 to a more expensive 5000 deprives them of income.

Although the way Motorola are going it may not be supported too much longer!
    Andrew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    Unfortunately the conversion of an XTL, which is still a radio currently supported by Motorola, cannot be discussed here as it breaches the rules of the forum; as you pointed out yourself, converting a cheaper 1500 to a more expensive 5000 deprives them of income.

Although the way Motorola are going it may not be supported too much longer!
    I should have remembered that fact and I apologize. Also, I've seen that discontinue support list...wowzers!