Thread: Has anyone done a dowgrade on an XTS5000 MIII to a MII

Thanks

Default Has anyone done a dowgrade on an XTS5000 MIII to a MII

Is it possible to down grade a model III to a II by just changing the keypad to a model II and housing? I have a III FPP but never use the FPP and like the model II better. Would it confuse the controller or cause havoc?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,304 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firecpt809 View Post
    Is it possible to down grade a model III to a II by just changing the keypad to a model II and housing? I have a III FPP but never use the FPP and like the model II better. Would it confuse the controller or cause havoc?
    Swapping the hardware should work just fine. But if you want it to be fully compatible with CPS options, the code plug should also be changed.

Changing the code plug requires Depot. We can't discuss that part here, but you get the idea.

Cheers

Thanks

I got ya.. I would think the buttons may just be in sync as far as the home other on the softkeys. I just dont want to fry the controller

Thanks
    Thanked 6,304 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firecpt809 View Post
    I got ya.. I would think the buttons may just be in sync as far as the home other on the softkeys. I just dont want to fry the controller
    You won't fry it. It's all good. The only buttons that will not work are the numerical ones.