Thread: Cisco 2811 ISR's for Radio over IP

Thanks

Default Cisco 2811 ISR's for Radio over IP

Just bought a pair of Cisco 2811 Integrated Services Routers. I have the NM's and VIC's for 4 E&M ports per unit, and I have them running Advanced Enterprise Services IOS version 12.4-25f.

Anyone ever set any of these up before? Any suggestions/contributions as far as configuration files for setting the routers up back-to-back over a private, purpose-dedicated LAN?

I essentially want E&M Port 1 on router 1 to go to Port 1 on Router 2, same with ports 2, 3 and 4. I'm going to use them for tone remote control and voting backhaul, so the E&M leads aren't really going to be used. They need to be 4-wire bidirectional ports.

I'm muddling through IOS setting up the configuration, but haven't put anything in the router. I'm wondering if I should use IP Multicast or not... Kinda lost at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks

With some help from a friend, I was able to get the routers programmed and talking with each other. The E&M interfaces are linked, and the performance (at least with a crossover cable between routers) is phenomenal! The delay between audio in one router and out the other is delayed, but only slightly (less than 100ms). Things are looking really good for this project, from a multiplexer standpoint.

Now my focus has turned to the deployment and commissioning of the private microwave backhaul that will support these things!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    With some help from a friend, I was able to get the routers programmed and talking with each other. The E&M interfaces are linked, and the performance (at least with a crossover cable between routers) is phenomenal! The delay between audio in one router and out the other is delayed, but only slightly (less than 100ms). Things are looking really good for this project, from a multiplexer standpoint.

Now my focus has turned to the deployment and commissioning of the private microwave backhaul that will support these things!
    I've had three of these in the corner wanting to setup a RoIP link between two locations...going on three years. Asterisk became easier to implement. But the Cisco challenge still is there...one day. IOS is just so confusing without knowing the architecture of the box. I have the interfaces, the right IOS (I'm told), bought more ram and flash as advised. Just need to plink more or get my Cisco engineer buddy to first understand the concept then help. Or have some one send me a config known to work.

Thanks

ive got some sample configs and bunch of 2621xm 3725 and 3745 routers laying around with the HD modules needed to pretty much replace my console to station links does anyone know how well it has worked on voter links and would anyone mind sharing their configs?