Thread: Need part number for iButton refresh key

Thanks

Default Need part number for iButton refresh key

I know you need the ibutton to upgrade the radios the legit way and I'm cool with that. Whats the process for getting the upgrade flashkey? My only MSS thats local is not very helpful for anything. Last time I took my 5000's in for upgrades they looked at me like I had 3 heads. I know I should be able to ket the flashkey from them by ordering it, however is this something I can order from my MOL? What part number do I need to order?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

Moved from "software mods" forum to "parts ID". Please pay attention to what forum you're posting your questions in. This goes for all visitors. The mods really appreciate it!

Thanks

syntrx No Longer Registered

It's not a matter of ordering a part number, you have to go through the Above Price Book (APB) process, which a dealer can do but I have no idea if you can do it if you only have a parts account. You're best off finding a dealer who knows the ropes who can organize it.

Try Jeff at Sandy's Communicatications, in CA:
    http://www.sandyscomm.com

(No affiliation, just a happy customer who buys a lot of stuff from him.)

Thanks

I think I'm experiencing deja vu... didn't we have this discussion only about a week ago?
    Andrew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    I think I'm experiencing deja vu... didn't we have this discussion only about a week ago?
    https://www.p25.ca/threads/981-Flash-Key-cost

Thanks

YEAH YEAH YEAH I get it but I wasn't asking how much it cost. Mostly if it could be ordered off MOL since the local MSS is of no help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azfireguy View Post
    YEAH YEAH YEAH I get it but I wasn't asking how much it cost. Mostly if it could be ordered off MOL since the local MSS is of no help.
    That is usually the case with Motorola. They are not much help in general. Their attitude toward the customer is extremely poor. They do not deserve the success they have in this industry.

You can try calling 1-800-422-4210 tomorrow and speaking with sales. Be very specific about what you want, and that you have money to spend. If they will not help you out, just hang up, report back here and make arrangements with myself or Neo for a firmware update. We're cheaper than Motorola and don't treat the customer like a retard.