Thread: USB Device no longer recognised after software upgrade

Thanks

Default USB Device no longer recognised after software upgrade

Hello All
    I have built myself into a corner and can't seem to get out of it.
    I had Trbo CPS 7 Build 351 EMEA installed and using the USB Data Cable PMKN4012A all working fine

Needed to upgrade to CPS 7.6 to upgrade firmware and was told to Uninstall old version first.

Did that, installed new version all seems ok

Plug in USB, switch on radio and the pc spits out that the cable is not recognised

Running win 7 64 bit I follow the process for installing the USB for the first time, (ie: connect lead to radio, plug in USB to PC and switch radio on) just keeps coming up Unknown device

Through device manager it tells me I have the correct driver installed, when I check the driver installed it says NONE. Round and round I go

I don't seem to be manually able to install the damn driver as there is no executable file on the CD and the PDF file tells me the windows 7 will automatically detect it and install it... It didn't !

Any help appreciated
    Mike

ps: edited to add I have verified the cable on an XP machine still running CPS7 and the cable is OK
    Last edited by mrtor; Oct 01, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks

Does it go thru the process of searching Windows Update (which fails) then you get the message that no driver can be found? If so, when it is searching click on the option to 'skip obtaining driver from Windows update' and have it search your local machine instead. If it asks you to enter a folder or path to look in, just use 'c:\'. Chances are the drivers are still on your PC and it should find them... I've gone thru this a few times with CPS upgrades and this has always taken care of the problem for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forts View Post
    Does it go thru the process of searching Windows Update (which fails) then you get the message that no driver can be found? If so, when it is searching click on the option to 'skip obtaining driver from Windows update' and have it search your local machine instead. If it asks you to enter a folder or path to look in, just use 'c:\'. Chances are the drivers are still on your PC and it should find them... I've gone thru this a few times with CPS upgrades and this has always taken care of the problem for me.
    Thanks for your reply, no it was not even getting that far.

I had a mate email me an executable that was not included on my 7.6 disk for the turbo driver

Once I ran that, the driver installed and all happy again

I have plonked that exe on my desktop for next time :-)

Thanks

It's located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola\MOTOTRBO Driver