Thread: FCC Narrowbanding Fines

Thanks

Default FCC Narrowbanding Fines

Just wanted to share this, for those that are affected.

FCC Fines.pdf

Thanks

Do we actually think everyone is going to be ready as of Jan 1?

I can really see a lot of pushback from users. I know it's been discussed to death, but I'm sure a *LOT* of users either A) Don't care or B) Don't know.

I can't see the FCC driving around and analyzing all the V and U spectrum for WB signals.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 664 Posts

One thing that is important in this notice, and they aren't very prominent about it, is that they are WAIVING narrowbanding 470-520! this means two things; One, after all the recent BS they went through about them trading 470-520 for some new law enforcement 4G LTE network, apparently that deal fell through. Two, they are waiving anyone still there from having to go to narrowband!! This is unbelievable. Well, maybe not. Apparently we aren't losing the T-Band police service that was threatened after all, and they will still be able to use all the existing wideband (5 kHz) equipment! At least, all the stuff that will tune up that high...

jlamanske No Longer Registered

I'm just wondering how long it will take to get the license application for modification through the FCC. I put in our application on the ULS for 11K2F3E emissions designation to be added to our license back in August, and still haven't been approved. We have one frequency of 150.775 which had to go through the NTIA and OET for approval, and that finally was done about September 22. If they don't get on the ball about the modification approval our license will be kicked out of service Jan 1. Making us a bit nervous, we are all set to change our programming over and schedule to get everyone in to have their radios reprogrammed, but can't do it until our modification is approved.

Thanks

I believe you are in compliance as long as it is pending.

Thanks

I wouldnt be surprised if they eventually decide to leave existing systems in the VHF/UHF range alone and only require new licences or system upgrades to be narrowbanded.

Thanks

Leave it to the FCC, my favorite part of the whole document.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neo No Longer Registered

The FCC will be out in full force starting Jan 2013 enforcing the narrowband mandate in the USA. Each FCC region has received 1 or 2 new enforcement vehicles, specifically mid sized SUV. Most are a silverish color with limo tint on all windows except for the drivers window. There are NO visible antennas on these new enforcement SUVs, yet they have DC to daylight capabilities.

They will NOT issue warnings, but citations for the first violation and every violation after that. Again, no warnings or a slap on the hand this time. They are prepared to put the hammer down on anyone not in compliance.

This info comes straight from the FCC supervisor in my region.

jlamanske No Longer Registered

It would have made more sense to auto change emissions on licenses to narrow band without requiring end user intervention. Rather than every licensee having to go in and request a change. Not everyone should have to go in and request a change or lose their license.

Thanks

I know of one assclown though who flat out has said he will not convert to narrowband as he appparently cannot afford to replace 5 radios. His radios are old old old Midland radios that are basically halfway to fail land anyways....

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Sounds like a cheap *** ham.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.