Thread: HMN1090 mic & XPR4550

Thanks

Default HMN1090 mic & XPR4550

From what I gather, the XTL & XPR mobiles share the same mic plug, & some mics work in both. The HMN1090A is officially listed to work in the XTL mobiles, but has anyone tried this mike in a XPR4550, & does it work? Thanks. GARY

Thanks

The mics are interchangeable and will work, however the buttons are labeled differently. The center button on the XTL mic replicates the 4-way toggle switch on the XLT 05 head. On the MotoTrbo version of the mic, it is single action "OK". The XTL mic works fine, just need to figure out which button does what and which way to rock the center for "OK".

Thanks

I must have the wrong part # on the mike. The mike in question looks like a normal Maxtrac full size hand mike, but has the round XTL, XPR connector, & I was told it's for an XTL. I was also told the tx audio would sound funny on a XPR, but would sound fine on the XTL. This is what I meant to post in my original question. GARY

Thanks

The HMN1090 is the potato mic (Motorola's term, not mine!) that you're thinking about and it should work. As soon as I can find one somewhere in the shop (probably buried in a parts box), I'd like to try one myself on the TRBO mobile as I prefer those full size mics over the smaller ones. The HMN4079 is the keypad mic and I know for a fact those work properly but khw confirmed that!