Thread: Adding ADP & Multikey

SimpleSkye No Longer Registered

Question Adding ADP & Multikey

Hi! Long time reader, first time writer.

I posted this question on a couple other boards and was "Admonished" via PM's, lol.

How can I add ADP DSP-based and Multikey to a couple xts2500s?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,329 Times in 1,807 Posts

You would call Motorola and order it. 1-800-422-4210

Or get in touch with a dealer and order the Flashport upgrade. Try jeff AT sandyscomm.com

Rats, Ok that's what I thought. I am noticing that the XTS series are not as... fun as the Astro Sabers. *sigh*

Thank you sir!

Thanks

Yeah, that's the way it is here. We don't defraud Motorola of revenue.

Current/supported products are not something we openly "hack" here.

Understood, as it should be.

I am talking to Motorola right now and they are telling me it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by SimpleSkye; Oct 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Apparently, I can't spell.

So I finally talked to somebody who understood wnat I was asking for, and they said it was only $10 even at post-sale.

Nobody could answer this though - do I have to have Multikey flashed to enable ADP DSP based?

Thanks

No, you do not have to have multikey enabled to have software based ADP. Note though that software ADP is exclusive you cannot use hardware encryption when its enabled in the codeplug.

Thanks

The software (DSP) ADP comes with multikey with 8 slots in a XTS2500.
    You should only need multikey if using hardware (UCM) ADP or any other encryption.

That's awesome! So it may actually be affordable to add ADP to these suckers.

Thank you all for your help.

As far as actually flashing it, I suppose I would have to purchase an iButton in addition to the flash feature. Is that something that is sent with the flashes (at an additional cost) or what.

Thanks

You order the feature and the upgrades will come on a Ibutton no additional cost.

Ok that makes sense.

Final question I hope. I called Jeff at sandyscomm and told him what I would like to do. He said that since:
    1) It was a high tier radio
    2) It was encryption
    3) I'm not in his local area
    4) it is above price book

...I would have to call a local MSS or MR. So I did. They seem more lost than when I called Moto and were not very much help...

So I ask you: has anyone does this before and how did they do it? Can I call Motorola and order the option for $10 each or will that not work? It seems straight forward enough, and I have not had any issues ordering from motorola before but that was always physical parts, not software upgrades.

Sorry to make this thread take so long.

Ok, consider it solved. I finally got somebody at Motorola who knew what they were talking about and they put me in touch with the correct person.

Thanks

If you have the partnumber etc please post it here so that others can go to a MSS and order the part.

Motorola post-sale support gave me the name/# of a Motorola sales rep since my area MSS couldn't help me much. The local shop kept telling me that ADP is only in a UCM and AES is only software based and my model of radios do not support it...

Anyway, post-sale support told me that based on the flashcode my radios currently have (100088-001488-2) I need to ask him to order:

Q667AC - ADP Privacy Software Encryption, $75/radio. Not too bad.
    T7026 - I have no idea what this is, but he said it is a $0 item that has to be ordered along with the ADP flash. He was explaining how the T# is based of my flashcode, and the T7026 is the trunking package T# that matched my radio's current config.

The guy I got in post-sale support really knew what he was talking about, he was on it. He even ran the serials through the database and was telling me the features the radio had when they were sold (same as they have now), when they were manufactures, accessories that the radio was sold with.

On a slightly funny note, when I call in and tell them my name they always get suspicious. Apparently there is someone who has the same exact name and me that works for a 3-letter government agency, so I always have to tell them I'm not the one who works for the _ _ _.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSkye View Post
    On a slightly funny note, when I call in and tell them my name they always get suspicious. Apparently there is someone who has the same exact name and me that works for a 3-letter government agency, so I always have to tell them I'm not the one who works for the _ _ _.
    I can relate to this!

When I tried signing up my MOL account, I was denied and told by my "area manager" I would need to get permission from my "account manager", and she included the name/email of the account rep. The guy is with the RCMP headquarters. (The RCMP guy was also CC'd in this email)

I immediately emailed the RCMP guy -- thinking he might figure I was trying to hack in to the RCMP MOL account -- and advised him of who I was, and what had occurred. Told him I have nothing to do with the RCMP and am trying to open my own account. He emailed me back right away in good spirits, suggesting ineptitude is not uncommon at Motorola.

And when I would call in to MOL for parts ID on the phone, they always immediately brought up the RCMP account when I gave my name. This was beyond bizarre. It's all fixed up now.