Thread: XE RSM Gen 1, 2, & 3

Thanks

Default XE RSM Gen 1, 2, & 3

Besides the obvious features (extra drain holes, anti-freeze emergency button raised ring guard design, clip screw for FDNY strap "hang-up" button attachment, light button actually turning on LED light, etc), are there any actual usability issues between these gen releases? e.g. any serious "bugs" in Gen 1 or 2?

Thanks

I've wondered the same thing. A previous conversation about this mic in general with a local metro FD's radio shop (they've got about 200 of these) during the big Gen 2 to Gen 3 changeover addressed that it was all physical stuff (PTT staying pushed during icing conditions, water not draining from areas, no flashlight feature). I'll ask again with your question specifically. No 'bugs' per the original conversation with them. My shop and departments have run all Gen 3s, so no comparison to offer you directly.

Regarding your statement about the FDNY hang-up button, the original Gen 3s did not have that. My late 2015 and 2016 models do, though. Is this still a Gen 3 mic or some 'Gen 4' (and are there other things they've done to it when they made that change?)
    Last edited by JeffFireRadio; Oct 04, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JeffFireRadio For This Useful Post:

sjxts3000 (Oct 04, 2016)