Thread: IMPRES Battery Warranty Questions

Thanks

Default IMPRES Battery Warranty Questions

I recently purchased an XTS5000 that came with an IMPRES battery (NNTN4437B) with a date code of 952 and a first initialization date of 09/2011. The battery has 28 charges on it currently and has always been used with an IMPRES charger. The battery will not charge above 90% and quickly drains when in use (after 6 hours of receive only its down to 20%, if I transmit with it I can drain it down in less than half that time) My other XTS5000s are good for a week or more receive only and a couple days of transmit time. I've tried the battery on other XTS5Ks and have tried other batteries on this radio to verify that the problem is not radio specific. Battery case looks new and has not been dropped or beat up. My questions are: Since I am not the original purchaser of the battery does the warranty transfer? If not I'll just look for another battery, if it does how do I go about putting in a warranty claim? I can't seem to find any specific information on the warranty beyond its a three year warranty. Thanks in advance for any information.
    Last edited by rhabdo-medic; Oct 19, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

On July 2, 2012, Motorola released the following statement about the service life and warranty against any defects, for their battery products:

** Effective July 1st 2012 Motorola Battery Warranty **

IMPRES Battery Warranty:
    48 months against any defects in manufacturing or workmanship.
    24 months for Nickel-Cadmium batteries, warranted to maintain 80% rated capacity.
    18 months Nickel-Metal Hydride and Lithium-ion batteries, warranted to maintain 80% rated capacity (70% rated capacity for PMNN4093A).

IMPRES batteries NOT charged exclusively in IMPRES chargers get reduced by 6 months of capacity warranty (i.e 18 months instead of 24 for NiCD, and 12 months instead of 18 for NiMD & Li-ION).

Non-IMPRES Battery Warranty:
    48 months against any defects in manufacturing or workmanship.
    18 months Nickel-Cadmium batteries, warranted to maintain 80% rated capacity.
    12 months Nickel-Metal Hydride and Lithium-ion batteries, warranted to maintain 80% rated capacity.

If you've experienced any issues with your IMPRES batteries performing like garbage, I highly recommend getting them replaced immediately.
    Attached Files Attached Files