Thread: New FSB Process

Thanks

Default New FSB Process

I've seen this announcement on the welcome page of my MOL account :

Product User Guides Moving to Motorolasolutions.com
    Effective October 31, 2016, Product User Guides located in the MOL Resource Center will be migrated to motorolasolutions.com and aligned to their associated product page. Additional information to follow.

Update to Motorola Solutions Field Service Bulletin Process
    In our ongoing effort to improve your experience with Motorola Solutions, we are streamlining the Critical Product Issue Communication process (formerly known as Field Service Bulletin or FSB). The updated communication process is called MSI Technical Notification (MTN). For more information on how to access MTNsClick Here
    Their documentation refer to a new component to access the FSB on the MOL website, however I don't have access to that new component (MTN/ eTech portal / whatever they feel like the're going to call it tomorrow). As per the announcement, I opened a service request with the web portal support team to get access to that new component, however it seems that no one in the support team was made aware of this and I'm getting the run-around from them. I'm getting a little worried that I will loose access to the documentation by the end of the month, which would not be ideal...

Anyone got info on this and/or got access to the new eTech portal? Should I start saving local copies of the stuff that I use the most?
    "Live long and prosper"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,473 Posts

Why don't these idiots release these notices and bulletins on their public website? It would make so much sense. Why all the special access and nonsense if it is a critical notification?

Dealing with that company is like punching yourself in the balls.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

Gtaman (Oct 23, 2016),MotFAN (Oct 25, 2016),MTS2000DES (Oct 24, 2016),ptolemy9200 (Oct 27, 2016),VA2PE (Oct 24, 2016),Viper1-6 (Oct 25, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Dealing with that company is like punching yourself in the balls.
    That reminds me of a Ford Fairlane quote - "Slightly amusing at first, but mostly painful..."

Thanks

Business services is now handling all the docs (hence the mistakes like missing reseller pricing under SLR5700 EIDs on the price pages that they still haven't fixed, unreleased/extremely delayed updates to Radio Management product planner to include Wifi, and the list goes on and on.)

Instead of publishing updated docs for RM and E series, they invite you to use their beautiful LMS and watch cheasy videos.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new FSB decisions are related to this change in responsibility for docs.

Thanks

I also applied, I'm still waiting to hear back - at least my ticket is still open.

Thanks

I've finally got my ticket assigned to somebody that know what he was doing at support and got access to the said portal. The new portal is a bit confusing since it includes a bunch of Q/A that shows up in the search results when looking for a document, which makes it harder to find what you're looking for. I hope this is because the haven't finish the migration yet and it will become more usable soon.
    "Live long and prosper"

Thanks

They're sucking the soul out of LMR.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MADMAC For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (Oct 25, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MADMAC View Post
    They're sucking
    Fixed for brevity and context.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

com501 (Oct 25, 2016),Mackinaw (Oct 25, 2016),VA2PE (Oct 25, 2016),Viper1-6 (Oct 25, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VA2PE View Post
    ... I hope this is because the haven't finish the migration yet and it will become more usable soon.
    Don't hold your breath...

Thanks

I am still seeing FSBs posted on the main MOL landing page under Service News.