Thread: P7100ip program mode

pbhrph1987 No Longer Registered

Default P7100ip program mode

Can someone tell me how to put P7100ip vhf into program mode? I tried holding down ptt/mon/opt buttoms while powering on the unit with programming cable attached and it did not work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks

That is the correct sequence.

I would power up the unit, and make sure that your PTT, monitor and option buttons all function. Sometimes they can become intermittent, and cause the unit not to go into programming mode. This is particularly true of the PTT - the rubber PTT "popple" underneath the button can become worn and unreliable.

I believe that the newer versions of P7100 firmware (J2R18) will automatically go into programming mode when accessed from newer RPM (R8). Makes it much easier.

Cheers,
    SD.

I have ProGrammer not RPM. Might have to take radio in for programming.
    Thanks

Thanks

Programmer will work fine if your radio has J2R11 firmware or earlier. You can see this in the REVISION menu on the radio (assuming that it was put in the codeplug). But you will have to hold down the three buttons on the side to kick start programming mode at powerup.

Cheers,
    SD

Thanks

If you use the help screens they will cover every model the software works on and how to enable program mode. Harris is pretty good about that. Just search for "program mode" and you should find it. If you don't I can get the info Monday at work.

Tried the three buttons and is still not working. The radio has only one programmed channel and the menu was not in the codeplug. I need to call a local Harris dealer for a solution next week.
    Thanks for all the help.