Thread: Pseudo Trunk & RX group

Thanks

Default Pseudo Trunk & RX group

I'm starting to wrap my head around Pseudo trunk and I want to see if it'll accomplish a slightly unintended goal. Since my days with the CS750 instead of using scan to monitor a group of talkgroups on one repeater due to slow scan speed I've used a "Monitor All" channel. That channel was programmed on TS1 with an RX group of all TS1 talkgroups. It was programmed to auto-scan with 1 other channel, a "TS2 Monitor All" that was setup with an RX group of all TS2 talkgroups. The radio would simply scan between the two channels and get any traffic on either timeslot, rather than slowly scan through all the different talkgroups.

On the Hytera side, if I set a single RX group with all of the talkgroups carried by the repeater and set a single channel as pseudo trunk, will it open on traffic from either TS on any TG or am I missing something about how it works?

Thx!
    "Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics"

IAmSixNIne No Longer Registered

Thats pretty much how it works. It monitors the talk group across both time slots.
    I believe the intended purpose was set for a set of users who may have a lot of activity on one time slot then be able to talk on the other one with out having to program in a different channel. Then during talk back it will use the time slot the talk group was using.
    So example, TG1 TS1 was in use, and someone keyed up using TG2 TS1 it would fall over to TG2 TS2 and all radios with pseudo trunk enabled would see TG2 traffic on TS2 and pass audio. Then if you talked back it would TX on TG2 TS2 till the conversation is over. Then it would revert back to TG2 TS1 if TS1 was available.
    In my opinion its a great way to add extra loading to a repeater with less busy signals. Ultimately you can still only have 2 voice conversations but if you happen to have several users on the same time slot and the other slot was open it would still let you use the radio.

Thanks

Cool. I'll give it a shot for my purpose. Does it also work across repeaters with IPSC? Planning a 4 site system for work and that'd be a huge value added feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think IPSC is a motorola feature. SO my guess is this pseudo trunking may not even work on a motorola repeater.
    I dont recall seeing IPSC in Hytera software.

Thanks

Hytera has an equivalent, they don't technically call it IPSC but it serves the same function.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Your correct. IP Multi-site Connect.
    Sorry about the misinformation.