Thread: Motorola Q2980 Securenet Digitac Comaparator Manuals?

Thanks

Default Motorola Q2980 Securenet Digitac Comaparator Manuals?

Looking for soft copy (if available) of the depot manuals or service installation manuals for the Q2980 Securenet Digitac Comparator. A system planner would be nice as well. Looking at "innovative" ways to interface some local receivers in directly to SQM, without modems and such. So I may need more than "connect modem to terminals xyz"...may need to get finer details of signal quality modules.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
    Looking for soft copy (if available) of the depot manuals or service installation manuals for the Q2980 Securenet Digitac Comparator. A system planner would be nice as well. Looking at "innovative" ways to interface some local receivers in directly to SQM, without modems and such. So I may need more than "connect modem to terminals xyz"...may need to get finer details of signal quality modules.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Are you looking to use securnet? Digitacs are essentially analog comparators with AGC to help with line fluctuations. They also do securenet and trunking, but all for analog stuff.

Unless you are using securenet, there are no modems to connect receivers. Just audio.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Are you looking to use securnet? Digitacs are essentially analog comparators with AGC to help with line fluctuations. They also do securenet and trunking, but all for analog stuff.

Unless you are using securenet, there are no modems to connect receivers. Just audio.

Yes in fact.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
    Yes in fact.
    [AND you asked in the encryption forum, lol]

I have a 32mb PDF if links are allowed?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq9ykhksyi...anual.pdf?dl=0

Thanks

Thank you so much. This "decodes" the problem quite well!

Thanks

Phantom; a month has gone by and now I have received my Q2980 (actually Q2981) and have been reviewing the manuals you graciously provided. My intent is to feed Securenet DES directly from a cluster of local , non Motorola receivers (RITRON data radios) that appear to have the correct bandwidth. So the input cards will be seeing a 12KBPS data stream directly from them (this is a single site diversity reception experiment, no "phone lines"). Upon reading the manuals it appears I can turn the "clear" functionality off, which I am assuming will override the fail indication caused by lack of 2175 Hz status/pilot tone.

My question is whether in the "coded" mode the 2175 Hz pilot tone serves any function as far as the AGC or any other function. The manual is unclear. If the AGC assumes the 12kBps envelope to be constant, maybe it dynamically adjusts to that rather than the initial pilot tone? I just cannot tell from the theory sections presented. I have no intent to use this comparator for the analog FM mode.

Thanks

Securenet? In what service? None of the analog Securenet products function in a narrowband environment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    Securenet? In what service? None of the analog Securenet products function in a narrowband environment.
    Not a narrowband issue here.

Thanks

Hate to come in here with cup in hand, but... would someone mind re-posting the manuals? Link has expired.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."