Thread: Orion B6R02B01 DSP File

Thanks

Default Orion B6R02B01 DSP File

So I am trying to get a Macom Orion working with Provoice with DES... I am in need of the B6R02B01.DSP file to update the DSP and get it to work. Anyone know of a source for this DSP file or can send it to me?

Much Appreciated!

Thanks

Still looking... I’d even take one read out of a radio at this point!

Thanks

DES, AES and VGE ADI and DSP files have US Government Export Restrictions on them. Most people have removed free download of these files from the public domain for this reason.

Have you tried calling Harris (800-538-7711, Option 3), and requesting the DSP file?
    Gatorbait3014
    Retired Master Two-Way Radio Master Technician & System Engineer (34+ years)

My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.

Thanks

DES still has export restrictions on it? I thought when Dept of Commerce blessed AES in 2002 for use by Uncle Sam that was it for any protections on DES...guess not!

Thanks

DES has restrictions? Those were lifted yonks ago, and as a result, anything under 56 bits free to export. Check out the Wassenaar agreement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattSR View Post
    DES has restrictions? Those were lifted yonks ago, and as a result, anything under 56 bits free to export. Check out the Wassenaar agreement.
    I agree 100%. But Harris still has its restricted in the public domain. If you contact them, and can provide proof of need, they will send it to you. But, given the stiff fines and penalties in the State Department's International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), people are wary about freely sharing files with others they do not personally know.

And yes, the encryption code file is classified as a "Munition" under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, no different than a bomb or firearm. This not only includes the actual file, but the documents (manuals, etc.) on the file.
    Gatorbait3014
    Retired Master Two-Way Radio Master Technician & System Engineer (34+ years)

My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gatorbait3014 For This Useful Post:

p47r4ck (Jan 21, 2018)

Thanks

Yeah, it sounds like they're playing it super safe and restricting access to things they don't really have to. In this day and age I can understand why they might do this.