Thread: PCConfig (various versions) +WIN10

Thanks

Default PCConfig (various versions) +WIN10

Hi all

I FINALLY "took the plunge" and got a new computer. It is running WINDOWS 10.

Does anyone know if the various versions of PCConfig are WIN10 compatible (I have 1 loaded and it does open, doesnt mean it wont brick the radio)? Also I have a serial port programming cable, aside from buying a new usb version, are there any know usb to serial converters that I could use (have other radios which I may want to try and program from this machine).

Thank you in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all!

Howard

Thanks

I've had good luck using PCC 2.18.2 and PCTune 3.0.14 on Win10 without issue (incl. radio reading/writing). I'm also able to run and use PCC 2.12.6 and PCC 2.10.2, though I've not attempted to use them to read/write a radio.
    - Bryan
    "So the best solution is to paint them to blue color and throw them to the sea?" in reference to MTS2000 F01/93.

Thanks

I also have had no isues with my Windows 10 machine and several version of PCC even 1.28.0.8

Thanks

One large factor to look at when using any software with win 10 is to see if the software runs in 64bit or 32bit environments. Some software will tell you what OS systems it works in. If win 10 is not one then be prepared for issues. Sometimes it will run but fail to communicate with the hardware. Trial and error is the only method at that point.

For the USB adapter I have read many posts where the poster had had success with a FTDI based USB to serial adapter.

Thanks

I've run pretty much every single version of PCC on my Windows 10 x64 laptop without issues. Win 10 is pretty good compatibility-wise with most software, and PCC isn't really an exception.

As Notarola said, though, if you're using a USB serial adapter, make sure it's a high quality FTDI or similar adapter. The cheaper ones do not, in my experience, work as intended especially during firmware upgrades.

Thanks

I have never had a problem with Win 7 or Win 10 programming 5100 series portables and a USB to serial adapter. However, older 5300 radios are a different story. Best results I have had are on my old Win XP laptop with a PCMCIA RS-232 serial adapter and the EFJ RIB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ee1993 View Post
    I have never had a problem with Win 7 or Win 10 programming 5100 series portables and a USB to serial adapter. However, older 5300 radios are a different story. Best results I have had are on my old Win XP laptop with a PCMCIA RS-232 serial adapter and the EFJ RIB.
    Note: I never allow my WinXP laptop programming computer to be connected to the internet. If I need to transfer a file to the laptop, I put it on a security scanned USB drive then move to the laptop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ee1993 View Post
    Note: I never allow my WinXP laptop programming computer to be connected to the internet. If I need to transfer a file to the laptop, I put it on a security scanned USB drive then move to the laptop.
    Amen to that.