Thread: Bird 4421 Watt Meter Problems

Thanks

Default Bird 4421 Watt Meter Problems

I have a Bird 4421 digital Watt meter that I was using at one of my sites. It was beeping constantly, so I turned it off. Now, when I power it on, I get nothing. If I disconnect the power module, the display shows a dash that moves around the screen. If I plug the module back in, the screen goes blank. If I press the power button while the module is connected, the screen jumbles and it beeps a lot, but it never does what it's suppose to do.

Is there a reset on these things or is it toast? I searched for a service manual, but didn't find anything. The fuse is good. There are no batteries inside (uses d-cell as a back-up power source) and it looks good inside. I do think that the site took a direct lightning hit as it blew a trace off of the low-pass filter inside the Quantar. I repaired the Quantar, but I don't have a schematic for the meter, so I'm dead in the water.

Any ideas?

com501 is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 722 Posts

You will probably have to send it to Bird to be repaired. I think they have a small charge for quotes before repair.
    Retarded Mongoloid on PCP...

Thanks

Cool. Thanks.