Thread: Hello from Wisconsin USA!

Thanks

Hello from Wisconsin USA!

Just dropping a quick line to say hello to the forum. My name is Dave and I am an amateur radio operator located in New London, Wisconsin, U.S.A.

I first became interested in radio one night when I was a young kid and I listened to an AM broadcast band radio. I was amazed at all the stations I could hear and from where they were located far away from me. It was so amazing that a very simple radio could take me all over the country.

Then I borrowed my friend's shortwave radio and was introduced to the world.

I tried to get my amateur radio license when I was 17 but I missed too many questions. I vowed to some day pass the test.

I finally got my ticket in 2005 and soon thereafter upgraded to extra class.

Then I was introduced to many different ways of communicating using computers and radio like APRS and packet radio. Computers have always been another interest of mine.

Now I am fascinated by digital modulation. So this is why I am here... I want to learn more about digital voice and trunking schemes. This forum kept coming up in searches, so I knew this was someplace I needed to join.

Thanks to all who have created this forum and continue to keep it running. I look forward to reading and learning.

Dave

DE W9DJE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 454 Posts
    Welcome to the site, Dave. Good to have you here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to triptolemus For This Useful Post:

djeplett (01-10-2018)