Thread: 2 Quantar repeater wireline problem

Thanks

Default 2 Quantar repeater wireline problem

Ok so im at a loss. Here is what i got,

(Quantar1 wireline) ---> Cisco E&M --- (IP Network) --- Cisco E&M ---- (Quantar2 wireline)

Ive verified that i can send 1khz tone both direction with the wireline alignment test on both repeaters to radios on both. But... When i key up a radio with the quantars in access enabled mode, PTT pulls up and i can hear quiet noise but no voice. This happens in either direction. Ive verified that i can hear voice tx from the wireline and its going through to the input on the other side.

Anyone have any ideas? Ive been at this for 13 hours non stop. Now its time to get some sleep.

Thanks
    J

Thanks

Sounds like you need to write a statement in the wildcard tables KEY FROM WL. The wireline input defaults to tone control. Since you are using external PTT, you need to define the tx audio source when ext ptt is present. That's done in the wildcard tables. It will be an IF THEN ELSE statement. Working from memory, it will be something like IF EXT PTT TRUE, THEN KEY FROM WL, ELSE DEKEY. The IF, THEN, and ELSE are built into the table. You fill in the actions from drop down menus. Some experimentation is required since it's your first time.
    Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill_G For This Useful Post:

Avery Johannssenn (Jan 31, 2018)

Thanks

Sorry I should have mentioned my wildcard setup too. (i'm running on no sleep)
    wildcard input 1 set to low, table 1 is input aux 1 active then key from wl else wait 100 then dekey from wl

Wireline cards configured for 4 wire/half duplex

wiring is E signal(PTT) to telco pin 11(AUX 1),GND to telco 7(Signal GND)

The site1 keys site2 just fine and the PL goes active and vie-versa when keyed from other direction, i just get no audio, only quiet noise.(slight whitenoise).

Maybe I'll post a shot video of the entire setup and the problem.

Thanks
    J

Thanks

That sounds correct. Wireline card might be bad. Try using the WB input for xmit audio.

Thanks

WB audio works fine, this is happening on 3 different quantars, Ive even tried swapping WIB's with no luck. Even went as far as changing the transformer jumpers on the WIB's. Again the strange part is that when i put the units in TX wireline alignment mode i can hear the audio when keying and calibrating.

Not sure what else to do. I might just use the WB audio and scrap the WL inputs. The WL output works fine.

WL out to WB in, then set the wildcard up for Key on WL + AUXTX-TXON // Dekey WL + AUXTX-TXOFF

My wife suggested i read the manual so i did - No Joy.

:banghead:

Thanks

Okay. Drilling through my notes from the last Quantar system I put on the air in 2011, I used the following - everything connects to J17, the 25pr amphenol connector on the back - cable runs to a 66 block so I could do crossconnects to other equipment.

rx tip J17-2
    rx ring J17-27
    tx tip J17-10
    tx ring J17-35
    cor out J17-43 (RDSTAT)
    ptt in J17-47
    ground J17-7
    jumper J17-18 to J17-32 (RDSTAT NO to ground)
    jumper J17-22 to J17-8 (external ptt bias - 5v to aux in 9 ext ptt)

Two wildcard tables - RX CAR DET and EXT PTT
    RX CAR DET - state = RX QUAL MET, action CLR OUTPUT 7, inaction SET OUTPUT 7
    EXT PTT - state = INPUT 9, action DEKEY FROM WB, inaction KEY FROM WB

Hope that helps.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill_G For This Useful Post:

Avery Johannssenn (Jan 31, 2018),khw (Jan 29, 2018),p47r4ck (Feb 02, 2018),syscon411 (Jan 29, 2018)