Thread: Kenwood NX5000 unofficial web site

Thanks

Exclamation Kenwood NX5000 unofficial web site

Found accidentally: http://nx5000.com

There are some interesting files like advanced manuals, software and firmware. I believe that this post doesn't violate any rules.
    Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. Especially whose who also love PL-259 connectors.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MotFAN For This Useful Post:

Bill_G (Jan 27, 2018),cyrus (Jan 27, 2018),khw (Jan 27, 2018),Mars (Jan 27, 2018),Notarola (Jan 27, 2018),SwissMoto (Jan 29, 2018)

cyrus is online now Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Thanks!

Is this a replacement of your thread at RadioReference?

https://forums.radioreference.com/ke...rovements.html
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cyrus For This Useful Post:

mss-dave (Jan 28, 2018)

Thanks

I am NX5000 owner from EMEA and just looked for 2.40 firmware over Internet. Here is near impossible to get upgrade or you must wait for some weeks. Or even pay for free firmware (YES, dealers looking for a way to charge you).

That's site popped up our local search engine and saved my time and money. I just upgraded to 2.40 and got some joy! End of story.
    Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. Especially whose who also love PL-259 connectors.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MotFAN For This Useful Post:

Mars (Jan 27, 2018)

Thanks

Hopefully it doesn't go away and offers quick FW and software updates.

That is my biggest complaint with my NX5K radios. My dealer is in no hurry to get me updates and not having a portal like Moto sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travisstorma For This Useful Post:

crazyboy (Jan 27, 2018),MotFAN (Jan 27, 2018)

Thanks

I just ran into a issue. Have a mobile and 5 portables to a fire dept wants to upgrade to analog/TRBO. Local dealer is a F-face so they dont deal with him. Next closest is 4 hours away. Dept owns the radios and we cant obtain the software because the other kenwood dealers dont sell P25. Cant get it direct from Kenwood.. Cant get it from the states due to some D1 encryption thing the software does

Took a bit of time but found a nice US dealer who sold us the software. But had to send it to a US address and use a US ham radio call sign to do it. Why oh why has kenwood made this impossible to get software? They had no issues selling the friggin radio of course

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Thanks!

Is this a replacement of your thread at RadioReference?

https://forums.radioreference.com/ke...rovements.html
    Exactly my thoughts....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,444 Posts

After reading some of that thread, it looks like Kenwood has a quality control problem. They need to stop hiring mouth breathers as engineers. If they can’t master audio, they shouldn’t be in the two way radio business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MotFAN View Post
    Found accidentally: http://nx5000.com

There are some interesting files like advanced manuals, software and firmware. I believe that this post doesn't violate any rules.
    Traceroute info puts the site in the Russian Federation. NX5K Firmware has this warning....

NX-5200, NX-5300, NX-5400, NX-5700, NX-5800, NX-5900
    Checksum: 3252 - Password Protected. Please see note below.
    Version: 2.40
    SN: B7C ~
    Requires KPG-D1N Version 2.40 or later.
    See release info for DMR Auto Slot Select Supplement Document V1.0 included in zip file.
    Also see product bulletin P17-30LM.
    Added DMR feature enhancements. See Product Bulletin P17-10LM.
    Improvements for some issues including Lock Up problems.
    Important note: NX‐5300 K5, K6, F5, and F6 only: If the Firmware was previously upgraded to Version K2.00 DMR High Deviation alignment is necessary See Service Bulletin LSB-0353
    Before authenticating KWD-5300CV, please make sure the radio is using
    Firmware Version K2.01 or higher.
    Adds New Features such as Multi RF Deck and More
    See Product Bulletin P-15-13LM and P-15-14LM
    This Firmware upgrade is NOT eligible for warranty compensation
    PLEASE NOTE – Export Compliance ECCN 5D992
    Certain JVC Kenwood products are U.S. export controlled and your JVC Kenwood business agreement requires compliance with all applicable laws including the export, re-export and deemed export laws and regulations of the United States as well as the import laws of any destination country or entity. LMR transceivers, encryption modules, key loaders, radio FPUs and technology (e.g. tech. support & training) are export controlled by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry & Security per the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) [refer to www.bis.gov]. It is the dealers responsibility to follow all applicable laws.

Download Zip File is Password Protected. By you using the password below you acknowledge that you have read the Important Note above.
    So....up to the mods if the link violates anything. Seems just like that Aussie site with their copywrite and export controlled shit.
    The site looks like it's written by the same ass clown that has so many issues with NX5K that NO ONE (not even Kenwood Tech Support) can help him and he turns on those who try. Just compare the writing style. I especially like the calling out of one particular dealer by name.

Found accidentally... yea, ok.

cyrus is online now Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mss-dave View Post
    Found accidentally... yea, ok.
    From the abrasive posts on here and RadioReference, it's obvious N3AAG and motfan are one and the same and the website which was accidentally "discovered", belongs to the OP.
    Last edited by cyrus; Jan 28, 2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cyrus For This Useful Post:

box (Jan 29, 2018),mmckenna (Jan 29, 2018),mss-dave (Jan 28, 2018),triptolemus (Jan 28, 2018)

Thanks

Very funny "investigation". Okay, this site is mine as well as austech.info. And yes, I am Edward Snowden and host everithing in Russia now. And I am "hosted" there of course.

For you, native English language speakers, most of foreign people (and especially people from CIS) will appear the same in Internet. It's due to difficulties in mastering English. Some things sound rude or provocative (not always intentionally), but you do not understand it - you all speak one and the same language all your life. Try to go to the http://radioscanner.ru and write a few posts there in Russian. And you will look just like all Americans or Canadians. Your messages will seem strange and wrtten "in one manner", and sometimes even rude or stupid. But it doesn't mean that the ONLY NORTH AMERICAN GUY write everything.

It's no secret that the Russians, the Chinese, and others for the Americans are all on the same face. However, it is not.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MotFAN For This Useful Post:

Mars (Jan 28, 2018)

triptolemus is offline T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 492 Posts

And we're done here.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,444 Posts

MotFAN: just wanted to say that none of us are judging you for your English. As someone who has tried to learn a second language, I can attest to how hard it can be, if it is not native to you.

The main concern is the copyright infringement issues. Personally, I don’t care. But as someone who was targeted by the American government for my hobby, along the lines of copyright infringement, I can tell you nobody wants to go through that again. You are very fortunate the laws are relaxed in Russia, and you need not worry about these silly things.

Thank you for participating.