Thread: HT1550 Firmware Upgrade Error Question

Thanks

Default HT1550 Firmware Upgrade Error Question

While were on the 1550, I was upgrading my firmware, I got en error on my laptop that the Firware upgrade couldn't be completed and failed. Radio appears it won't turn on anymore. Any work around for this?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by central150 View Post
    While were on the 1550, I was upgrading my firmware, I got en error on my laptop that the Firware upgrade couldn't be completed and failed. Radio appears it won't turn on anymore. Any work around for this?
    Does your question relate to the file that was posted? Not flaming you; just want to make sure there isn't an issue.

If not, then I will move your post to a new thread.

Thanks

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I was not using the firmware provided. It was a download from my MOL Account. I have the older flash adapter from Motorola with factory rib with cable. I wonder if the Depot will still flat rate these....

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 517 Posts

Moved from FPP mod thread.

Thanks

It has been a while since I last bricked a legacy radio, but check these:
    Does the comtool get a response? If it does you should be able to flash in an image of your choosing with tools not to be mentioned.
    After that, set market area, serial and do a tuneup (alternatively load the backup tuning data you saved earlier).
    Noted elsewhere, earlier radios have had problems with EEPROMs wearing out. Fixed by replacing it.