Thread: 800 Mhz M/A Com P7100ip with "Digv Err" when on Provoice/P25 Channel

Thanks

Default 800 Mhz M/A Com P7100ip with "Digv Err" when on Provoice/P25 Channel

So of course I bought the radio off ebay where they listed that the P7100ip had Option 29 - Provoice and Option 33 P25 Cai Support, it it appears now it does not. Is there anything that can be done to enable these features looking at the the info below? Is it a firmware issue or are the options just not in the radio? I are programming with Programmer 18B, is this the issue?

I do notice the Feature Encrypted Box says "yes", does this have anything to do with it?

Thank you in advance,

trbo90
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trbo90; Oct 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks

Power up the radio, and go into the menu. Do you see an option marked "FEATURES"? Go into that menu, and it will show you the licensed options for that radio. If 29 and 33 don't show up, then you simply don't have those features enabled.

You won't be able to determine the licensed features from the radio maintenance software. It just gives you the raw feature encryption strings, which of course can't be interpreted directly. You must use the FEATURES menu in the radio.

If your radio doesn't have the FEATURES menu, you can enable it in the codeplug via ProGrammer. Programmable menu options.

I suspect you will find that your radio is missing option 29 and 33. There are many P7100s on E-Bay that don't live up to their advertised features. I have also seen people who force developmental firmware into Harris radios in an attempt to enable various features. The bottom line is that without valid feature encryption, the radio isn't going to work very well.

Your only option to add 29 and 33 is to contact Harris software services, and purchase the options. They will likely be very expensive. And if your ESN and physical serial number don't match, then you won't get very far.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    SD.

Thanks

You do not have the digital voice option. The error is just telling you that. Harris software is not like motorola, you can put anything in the codeplug and it will go into the radio without any validation, but it won't work. There is nothing wrong with the radio it is just lacking the option. The previous response was good advice also. The flash is costly for pro voice but available. All Harris does is send you a string of characters that is called the feature encryption string, you use the maintenance software to install it. Every option is in the radio it just needs to be unlocked. The encryption strip is derived from the esn of the radio not the serial number. Good luck

Thanks

It's true that the feature encryption is derived from the ESN. However in order to successfully purchase a feature encryption string from Harris, they will require ESN, physical serial number and the existing feature encryption string. They compare this to the "birth certificate" records, and it must match.

I have heard stories of people "getting lucky" and being able to purchase features without the valid physical serial number, but it has been few and far between. It's likely not a concern anyways - since adding option 29 and 33 will likely cost more than you paid for the radio in the first place.

Cheers,
    SD.

Thanks

Yes you are correct, Harris is like Motorola in requireing all the info. They keep a database of owners, flash, and serials. If you have a legit radio (there are a bunch with just P25 on ebay) and are very determined with an unatural attachment to that particular radio you can order the flash string from a dealer. I have heard of some dealers taking advantage and charging a couple grand and others that just refuse so your milage may vary. Best idea is to hunt around for a radio that was born with the options you want. I have never heard of any program that gets around their encryption. Last time I saw an order I thought it was around $1200.00.

Thanks

Thank you all for your help... I just wanted to make sure a firmware bump or newer version of software help with the options. I will be trying to dump this back to seller.