Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APX CPS R17.00.01 and Firmware R17.01.01 release Feb 2018

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

I believe Motorola removed the card slot on later versions of the apx7k.

An engineer once told me it would be used to hold maps that could be displayed on the screen.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cyrus For This Useful Post:

moetorola (Feb 08, 2018)

Thanks

I have some APX6k xxxCRTxxxx ANver. With no sdcard slot. Not sure on BN ver.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

Have a bunch of 6000 BN's, there is a rubber plug where the SD card used to be on the 7000, but it's just metal behind it. No hole for the SD card to go through.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kc2tgd For This Useful Post:

moetorola (Feb 08, 2018)

Thanks

I upgraded my apx7000 to the new firmware and added the recall feature. My playback buffer size seems to be limited to 30 secs. Any ideas why I can't get to 60 secs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiownc View Post
    I upgraded my apx7000 to the new firmware and added the recall feature. My playback buffer size seems to be limited to 30 secs. Any ideas why I can't get to 60 secs?
    Your question was answered in post #5.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Number 6 For This Useful Post:

k1ngfish (Feb 13, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiownc View Post
    Read the 5th post in this thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 652 Posts

Did you read the release notes?
    Retarded Mongoloid on PCP...

Thanks

I will mess with my 7K to add the "recall" voice storage feature just because it is there. But I am otherwise LOL about this being added for the typial user. I am sure some large account requested it, and big M came through. But, I have hundreds of pagers in use over multiple accounts, all with the voice storage/playback feature in them. Has been for years. And yet, every day without fail I hear requests to dispatch "can you repeat that address" or cross streets, or TAC channel assignment, or response code. Nobody seems to know how to press the button to play back the information that they already have. Duh....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppcradioman View Post
    I will mess with my 7K to add the "recall" voice storage feature just because it is there. But I am otherwise LOL about this being added for the typial user. I am sure some large account requested it, and big M came through. But, I have hundreds of pagers in use over multiple accounts, all with the voice storage/playback feature in them. Has been for years. And yet, every day without fail I hear requests to dispatch "can you repeat that address" or cross streets, or TAC channel assignment, or response code. Nobody seems to know how to press the button to play back the information that they already have. Duh....
    I think the reason they don't use playback is that they fear they might miss more transmissions while they are fidgeting with the playback feature (hence why they probably limited it to 30 or 60 seconds at most). You can miss a lot in 60 seconds and given that most of the time dispatch has to 10-4 and repeat quickly what they just heard the other person say, you're losing even more space capacity to record on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jxts3000 View Post
    I think the reason they don't use playback is that they fear they might miss more transmissions while they are fidgeting with the playback feature (hence why they probably limited it to 30 or 60 seconds at most). You can miss a lot in 60 seconds and given that most of the time dispatch has to 10-4 and repeat quickly what they just heard the other person say, you're losing even more space capacity to record on.
    I believe you will find that, in the case of Minitor pagers at least, incoming radio traffic interrupts the playback and it goes to live audio. The fidgeting or fumbling is something that concerns me with the 7K. On the pagers, it is a very simple matter to press the button on top of the function switch, or, in the case of Min 6, the one center button - it is totally unnecessary to look at the unit to start or stop the stored message playback. Since I haven't set up a radio as yet I am wondering just how inclined anyone will be to pull the radio off of their belt and find the correct button, or menu item if that is what has been set up - particularly when in the middle of an emergency response. It just seems to me that this is one of those features that will be often requested and hardly used in actuality. But I am not complaining about selling many, many replacement pagers over the years to agencies that just had to have the stored voice function keeping up with their fellow first responders. And I will be delighted to reprogram 7K's with the feature for the customary and ordinary fee. It's free government money they are spending, you know.. :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppcradioman View Post
    I believe you will find that, in the case of Minitor pagers at least, incoming radio traffic interrupts the playback and it goes to live audio. The fidgeting or fumbling is something that concerns me with the 7K. On the pagers, it is a very simple matter to press the button on top of the function switch, or, in the case of Min 6, the one center button - it is totally unnecessary to look at the unit to start or stop the stored message playback. Since I haven't set up a radio as yet I am wondering just how inclined anyone will be to pull the radio off of their belt and find the correct button, or menu item if that is what has been set up - particularly when in the middle of an emergency response. It just seems to me that this is one of those features that will be often requested and hardly used in actuality. But I am not complaining about selling many, many replacement pagers over the years to agencies that just had to have the stored voice function keeping up with their fellow first responders. And I will be delighted to reprogram 7K's with the feature for the customary and ordinary fee. It's free government money they are spending, you know.. :-)
    You can program a recall but an have it act just like a pager

Thanks

Anyone know what happened with APX Firmware R17.01.01? When /\/\ first release, it was R17.01.01 (file dated 1/26/2018). Now, when I look on MOL, it's only R17.01.00 file dated 1/16/2018.
    Was there was a problem with R17.01.01 and they pulled it? My radio shows R17.01.01 when I installed the first one.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,295 Times in 1,571 Posts

Default APX CPS R17.00.01 and Firmware R17.01.01 release Feb 2018

Sounds like they had everyone beta test a newer version of firmware than what was posted on MOL. This is standard practice for Motorola.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Sounds like they had everyone beta test a newer version of firmware than what was posted on MOL. This is standard practice for Motorola.
    And they don't even post any notice about. What a bunch of goons over there. Idiots. Just plains idiots.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjxts3000 View Post
    Anyone know what happened with APX Firmware R17.01.01? When /\/\ first release, it was R17.01.01 (file dated 1/26/2018). Now, when I look on MOL, it's only R17.01.00 file dated 1/16/2018.
    Was there was a problem with R17.01.01 and they pulled it? My radio shows R17.01.01 when I installed the first one.
    That's weird, I didn't even have R17.01.00 drop until later in the day on 2/6/2018. And 17.01.00 is dated 2/6/2018 on my MOL.
    This post was created on Feb 6th.

The release notes show 2/5/2018
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

Sooo, is there a secret to getting Intelligent Priority Scan to work!

I had a little time to mess with this again, still no dice.

I have been through the help menu several times, pretty straight forward!

Currently I have 3 talkgroups and one conventional in the intelligent scan list. One of the TG's set as priority 1.

Maybe it's so simple of a problem I am overlooking something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12