Thread: MCC7500 - aliasing of radio IDs from across ISSI gateway

Thanks

Default MCC7500 - aliasing of radio IDs from across ISSI gateway

Hey all,

I'm an end-user with some experience & authority (assisting the engineers/techs) on the admin side of a fairly new MCC7500 installation (replaced our Gold Elite consoles about 3-4 months ago). We're also introducing a link to a new P25 system via an ISSI gateway/interface.

The actual voice communication appears to be working well - it's the aliasing of the radios coming across the gateway that is not working. We enter aliases in CAM for the native/home system, and they show up just fine; however, radios that come to us from the P25 system across the gateway only show up as their RID, even if it has been mapped to an alias in CAM.

I've heard rumors that MCC7500 Elite and CAM just simply doesn't support aliasing of radios coming in from an ISSI/gateway. Part of me wants to think that that would be ludicrous, but another part of me believes it'd be just like Motorola to not support that.

Anyone got any advice for me or should I stop chasing this? Gonna be a pain in the ass for a couple of agencies that are starting to use this system if we can only identify their radios as 123456 instead of Engine 51 etc.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks

it sounds like there might be an issue in the 'lookup' portion of the software. If the CAM is allowing you to load in the alias then it might just be a setting that is not enabled to tell it to use the RID tables. What format of ID are you using for the Home system? MDC?

Thanks

The home system is a SmartX'd Moto P25 system - externally looks like a 3600 Smartzone, internally it's P25. So the IDs are all plain decimal values.

Forgive the noobish description I'm about to provide - I don't know if this has any bearing on what the issue is, but it's something I observed. When I look in GenWatch, a transmission by a radio belonging to the native/home system will show just the (one-to-)five-digit ID of the radio. A transmission from a radio from the ISSI'd system shows up with the WACN and SID in hex prefaced in front of the decimal RID. So if the ISSI'd system was WACN 567AB, SID 98C, radio 1234567, the RID string in GenWatch is 567AB98C1234567. I tried entering that into the RID field in CAM, but it bitches that it's not a decimal value. I haven't tried converting the WACN and SID to their decimal values yet (i.e. 35421924441234567).

Just entering 1234567 as the RID in CAM doesn't get recognized at all.

Thanks

Have you tried entering in just the RID as a decimal number.

Thanks

Yup, that's how I discovered the alias is not being applied. I had started loading a bunch of radios from the P25 system into CAM, but they just show up as their decimal IDs regardless of what's entered into CAM.

Tried converting the WACN and SID to decimal as well, as I described above - no luck. CAM says "this isn't a valid integer".

Thanks

If it turns out it's not supported via the CAM, the Genesis GADI solution (maybe with a custom tweak) might be worth looking at:

https://genesisworld.com/product/gadi/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice-T For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Feb 16, 2018)

Thanks

Have you tried entering the target RIDs into Provisioning Manager for your system and aliasing them there? Or does that not play well with ISSI?
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motorola_otaku View Post
    Have you tried entering the target RIDs into Provisioning Manager for your system and aliasing them there? Or does that not play well with ISSI?
    I don't get that level of authority, but I'll talk to my engineer/tech on Tuesday (Monday's a holiday) and see if he can give it a shot.