Thread: HKN6187B Audio Adapter

Thanks

Default HKN6187B Audio Adapter

Can the HKN6187B audio adapter pick up both receive from the radio AND transmit audio from the Motorola mic in a single O5 configuration? There doesn't seem to be any documentation and a Google search shows different answers. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Thanks
    Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

code352 is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

In CPS you can set the record audio to Rx, or Rx and Tx. I have not tried it personally, but it should do what you want.

Thanks

I'm guessing those CPS options are for use with an audio device such as this. I have multiple radios tapped with the rear accessory pin and do not have any of those CPS options set. If I could get TX audio out of the rear connector I would be set but for ~$40 it isn't that pricey.

I also wonder if the audio coming off of this thing is fixed or follows the volume of the remote head.
    Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Thanks

I can't speak to the XTL line, but on an APX you can get transmit and receive audio off the record port. The headphone port is receive audio only, and is enabled by shorting sleeve to ring (they also take 2.5 mm jacks, not sure if that's well-documented.)

Record audio level is fixed and includes voice announcements and keypad beeps, headphone volume follows the control head volume.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

tuckerm (Feb 14, 2018)