Thread: GM399 with a GM365 HHCH?

Thanks

Default GM399 with a GM365 HHCH?

Hi all,

I'm got two UHF 403-470 255 channel GM339 mobiles (They are the Australian version of the CDM's).

I recently got a GM365 which consists of a "TIB" like interface board for the front of the GM339 brick and a "W3" like HHCH which is a 3 character display with a model 2 like keypad and a speaker built into the HHCH where the numeric keypad would normally be.

Anyway I took the standard green lcd and 6 button head off the front of one and installed the "TIB" onto it, install was straight forward and everything seems fine with the parts and flex that I have, but on power up the display of the HHCH shows "112" and the green and amber light are lit up then it resets and turns off. If I power it up again it shows "112" again and sits frozen on "112" until the display slowly dims to nothing. (Like a solar calculator running out of power).

None of the buttons other then the power button do anything. Occasionally the PTT works and will light up the red PTT led but the display dies and radio resets instantly if I try that to.

Information on the GM365 and HHCH for the GM series is very limited from the googling I've done. It does seem that the GM365 is primarily used on GM339's.

I'm wondering if maybe my radios model number needs to be changed or something modified in order to allow the HHCH. I can't find anything useful in the standard GM300 CPS.

Any ideas, knowledge, solutions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ash

Thanks

Apologies for the typo in the thread name, it's late here down under.

Thanks

If it makes more sense the part number of the HHCH is GMN6151A.

Thanks

The HHCH probably requires a different protocall to communicate with the display and the keypad. As you surmise you will probably have to change the model number to one that supports HHCH.

syntrx No Longer Registered

The GM365 is from a totally different family of radio to your Waris family equipment. Beyond having GM in the model name and being made by Motorola, the Waris family of mobiles and these things basically have little in common.

You'll need a genuine GM365 or GM950 deck to use the HHCH; I suspect your chances of getting it to work with a Waris deck are pretty much zero.
    Last edited by syntrx; Oct 30, 2012 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syntrx View Post
    The GM365 is from a totally different family of radio to your Waris family equipment. Beyond having GM in the model name and being made by Motorola, the Waris family of mobiles and these things basically have little in common. You'll need a genuine GM365 or GM950 deck to use the HHCH; I suspect your chances of getting it to work with a Waris deck are pretty much zero.
    You might be able to reflash the radio to the proper model number using EU Waris lab, I have never done any EU radio, but have made the Waris line do any model number I want using the US version. The only hardware difference was the front panel board, which had to have 0 ohm resistors changed to tell the radio what control head it was using. I have taken CDM-750 and made them full feature 1550 LS+.

Thanks

I know this is old, but I was wondering what the Tanapa numbers were on the gm365. The HHCH looks like the one from an Astro Spectra W-3.