Thread: HELP with EVX534

Thanks

Default HELP with EVX534

Hello all. I'm very new to DMR and vertex programming so forgive me please. I recently purchased 3 evx534s in uhf 403-470 for a steal. All three were brand new in the box with factory codeplugs. I programmed my friends ham repeater into channel 1 and the same analog frequency into channel 2. The analog channel works fine but the DMR channel will only give me about half a mile from the machine before it stops receiving. I can see activity on the channel by the flashing green LED and signal meter shows 2 bars but it just won't unmute. I have also noticed that unless I am very close to the repeater I cannot transmit as well. I get an error message on the display. I've tested this side by side with an xpr7550 which comes in clear and transmits without an issue. All 3 evx 534s act the same which leads me to believe that it's something I'm doing. Firmware was updated to the latest, programming done with CE-151 software and aftermarket cable. Thank you all in advance for your help!

Thanks

Check your programming for inaccurate frequencies (like .1875 vs .1850). And ensure that you're not reversed RX/TX frequencies by mistake on Vertex. You must TX on repeater's RX frequency and vice versa.

I don’t have other ideas if radios work fine on analog. I could assume dead IF filters (they often dies in brand new VXSTD radios for a 2-3 years!), but this would affect the operation in analog mode too.
    Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. Especially whose who also love PL-259 connectors.

Thanks

Yes checked all my numbers about 100 times and it appears to all be accurate. Strangest thing!

Thanks

EVX radios are pretty cool, I've never come across with issues with them.

There is a problem somewhere, but not seeing the codeplugs of both radios and the repeater it's hard to add something else.
    Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. Especially whose who also love PL-259 connectors.

Thanks

Is the DMR channel set to low power?

Thanks

Also, check that RX frequency is not from EVX's birdie list.

Thanks

Could I upload the codeplug?

Thanks

Checked and the power level is definitely on high.