Thread: Sti-co dual band fender antenna

Thanks

Default Sti-co dual band fender antenna

Has anyone used the Sti-Co vhf/uhf fender mount antenna, that replaces the stock am/fm antenna, on the 2m/70cm amateur bands?

I know the spec sheet shows a lower limit of 150MHz, but what is actual swr down to 144?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    not true does not constitute false

Thanks

I have used the VHF/800 in the commercial band and can tell you the the bandwidth of the VHF side is quite a bit more narrow than the advertised 24 MHz. Dual band antennas are always somewhat of a compromise to start out with, then add the "covert" factor in, well, performance is not great. YMMV

Thanks

I have been using Sti-Co antennas for years. With a properly tuned Sti-Co they work great. The disguise antennas are indistingisable from the stock antennas. Some antennas do require a coupler box so check the product carefully first.

The critical factor is properly tuned. Anytime you choose dual band your immediately compromising performance for convenience. Fortunately the ham bands are harmonically related. if yoy can order your antenna for 147Mhz it should work very well for 2 and 440.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

Navy_BOFH (Mar 16, 2018)