Thread: Can't change zone channel personality type...

kevo No Longer Registered

Default Can't change zone channel personality type...

First some information:

radio = XTS5000 700/800 MHz w/ flashcode 501008-001D86-0
    Using CPS version R17.01.00

Full disclosure... I'm a n00b to the CPS

I'm trying to setup no affiliate scanning via the guide on these forums but when in the zone channels configuration I can't change the personality type to trk, it's read only.

I have the trunking system and personality setup correctly as far as i can tell.

The system in question is Toronto public safety which is a type II smartzone
    http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=738

Anyone know why i can't change this field?

Thanks

Thanks

syskey needed

Thanks

Because the radios has Q53 in it and your using cps 17. Your radio was orignally setup to be a FPP and trunking radio but in order for this to work you must use cps 9 or lower. Once the radio has been written to with cps > 9 you lose FPP and trunking.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    syskey needed
    I have it

Magnus:

I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.

Because the radio was written to with CPS 17 both of those features won't work? Do you mean you can't have FPP + trunking working together, or you can't have either one of them at all?

Thanks

Long story short is;
    If you have a Astro25 radio with Q53 (Federal Gov FPP) and trunking with CPS 9 or lower both features work. If you write to the radio with CPS >9 neither work. These radios were never meant to support FPP and trunking. If you had Q52 as well FPP would work but trunking never would regardless of CPS version.

You can try our CP rollback hack
    https://www.p25.ca/threads/502-FIX-R...deplug-version
    And if you can find CPS 9 and see if this fixes your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Long story short is;
    If you have a Astro25 radio with Q53 (Federal Gov FPP) and trunking with CPS 9 or lower both features work. If you write to the radio with CPS >9 neither work. These radios were never meant to support FPP and trunking. If you had Q52 as well FPP would work but trunking never would regardless of CPS version.

You can try our CP rollback hack
    https://www.p25.ca/threads/502-FIX-R...deplug-version
    And if you can find CPS 9 and see if this fixes your problem.
    Hi,

Yeah i learned about the whole CPS>R9 FPP + trunking after my last post... The CPS rollback hack looks promising but my MOL subscription only gives me the latest version of the CPS so I'm SOL in that regard.

What if i just had Q53 removed instead?

Thanks

I would imagine google would help you find ver 9, or if you were able to get Q53 removed that should work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 664 Posts

Q52 without Q53 is not supported in CPS > 9. Although it sounds like it might work, it doesn't If you bump firmware > 9 or use CPS > 9 it requires Q53 along with Q52, and then it brings all the fun of Q53, i.e. forced to have a pre-structured codeplug with 240 modes, 15 zones, 16 modes per zone, 240 personalities with one-per-mode pre-defined. And no trunking if you have FPP or vice-versa. If you roll back to version 9 and can get Q53 turned off you can lose the extra personalities and modes.