Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Credit Review' and trying to buy stuff on MOL

Thanks

Default 'Credit Review' and trying to buy stuff on MOL

I've had this issue a couple times.

I place an order on MOL, my credit card is charged, it then goes into a 'Credit Review' stage and will sit there indefinitely until I phone someone to get them to manually release my order.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I can do to prevent it?

So frustrating.

Thanks

I just dealt with that. Ordered a cable on April 7th, saw it went into "Credit Review" on the 10th. By the 16th I called asking WTF and was told "it should ship today". Called again on the 18th and 20th with no answers. Finally called and got a bit nasty with the customer service rep and they sent an email to my "credit analyst" and by the 24th it was shipped... should see it today.

Only thing I learned from this process is that these people are not in the same office. I first talked to someone in the US, then by the time I got nasty it was someone (I think) in Mexico... who emailed my "credit analyst" who was in Poland.

At this rate I'll spend extra to order it through someone else and let them deal with the BS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Navy_BOFH For This Useful Post:

Mars (Apr 26, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_BOFH View Post
    I just dealt with that. Ordered a cable on April 7th, saw it went into "Credit Review" on the 10th. By the 16th I called asking WTF and was told "it should ship today". Called again on the 18th and 20th with no answers. Finally called and got a bit nasty with the customer service rep and they sent an email to my "credit analyst" and by the 24th it was shipped... should see it today.

Only thing I learned from this process is that these people are not in the same office. I first talked to someone in the US, then by the time I got nasty it was someone (I think) in Mexico... who emailed my "credit analyst" who was in Poland.

At this rate I'll spend extra to order it through someone else and let them deal with the BS.
    I'd gladly buy from someone else - but CPS cannot be resold, so I'm basically stuck ordering it from them - normally for parts I order from wiscomm (or when no other option ebay), the price is usually better anyhow, and it somehow ships faster.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aloha For This Useful Post:

Wiscomm (May 02, 2018)

Thanks

Ahh gotcha. I was ordering an HKN6155B cable which was $96 from MOL or $146 the cheapest I found it elsewhere. At this point I would have paid the $146 to have gotten the cable two damn weeks ago and finished this project.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Navy_BOFH For This Useful Post:

box (Apr 27, 2018),Mars (Apr 26, 2018)

Thanks

Also been down that path many times. We have a local government account. Whether we do a purchase order or credit card order, we get the dreaded credit review thing more often than is reasonable. We have no balance and always pay on time when we do order something. Sometimes, we're approaching the end of our state tax exemption certificate date, and they want a new one sent, so that's how they flag us. Sometimes there is absolutely no reason. We were told all orders go through a credit review, period. Some are instantaneous and we never see that status on the order, some take eons (he/she is on vacation) and 'undergoing credit review' is what we see on the status line until they return. And yes, our credit analyst is in Poland, also. Schaumburg has tried to patch me through to him a few times via telephone. That was fun...other side of the clock, so he's asleep during our business hours (or vice versa)...and/or...Verizonski is using our old US gen 1 analog cellular infrastructure and the call completion/drop/voice quality is an issue. To quote Commander-in-Chief #42, 'I feel your pain'.

Thanks

Had it happen last year. I ordered about $200 worth of items from MOL. My credit card was charged. After a week it showed "credit review" on the order. The items were back ordered. The charge fell off of my card two weeks later. 3 months later I finally got the cables I ordered. This was in April of last year. I just got an email last week saying my account has an overdue balance. All this time I have been assuming they would eventually charge the credit card again when they realized it was their fault the order was never completed on their end. Maybe I'll tell them their payment is "on back order" and it will take 3 months to be in my inventory.
    "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives".

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clbsquared For This Useful Post:

box (Apr 27, 2018),escomm (May 02, 2018),MTS2000DES (May 19, 2018),SPECIAL_EYE (May 14, 2018),Viper1-6 (Apr 26, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,907 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloha View Post
    I'd gladly buy from someone else - but CPS cannot be resold, so I'm basically stuck ordering it from them - normally for parts I order from wiscomm (or when no other option ebay), the price is usually better anyhow, and it somehow ships faster.
    And they wonder why people pirate their software. Try ordering (legit) their CPS from Canada, as a private individual/ham. It's impossible. If you call Motorola, they will tell you to take your radio to your local dealer for programming. Yeah, OK.

I used to have my own MOL account until one day, for no reason whatsoever (I did not break any terms), they closed it. I had a CPS subscription. Now I just download pirated copies, as I have no other option. I would gladly pay for it if I was allowed to, but apparently money isn't something Motorola is interested in.

With their CPS so easy to pirate (no installation key required), essentially all you're getting when you have a CPS sub is technical support, should you need it.

I've found these forums and the HELP menu within CPS (and the MOTOTRBO system planner) to be of more use than tech support.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

Navy_BOFH (Apr 27, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFireRadio View Post
    Verizonski is using our old US gen 1 analog cellular infrastructure and the call completion/drop/voice quality is an issue. To quote Commander-in-Chief #42, 'I feel your pain'.
    Some call centers use the G.729 codec for their SIP services. It's a horrible codec. They use it to save bandwidth, instead of G.711U/A, which is not compressed nearly as bad.

When you're on a cell phone with a crappy vocoder, connected to a call center using G.729, combined with whatever "echo cancellation" misconfiguration, and you're prompted to enter DTMF tones, sometimes they won't even be decoded.

The worst call center audio I ever heard was T-Mobile customer service. No matter who/when I called, I could barely make it out. And it doesn't help when English is not their primary language.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    And they wonder why people pirate their software. Try ordering (legit) their CPS from Canada, as a private individual/ham. It's impossible. If you call Motorola, they will tell you to take your radio to your local dealer for programming. Yeah, OK.

I used to have my own MOL account until one day, for no reason whatsoever (I did not break any terms), they closed it. I had a CPS subscription. Now I just download pirated copies, as I have no other option. I would gladly pay for it if I was allowed to, but apparently money isn't something Motorola is interested in.

With their CPS so easy to pirate (no installation key required), essentially all you're getting when you have a CPS sub is technical support, should you need it.

I've found these forums and the HELP menu within CPS (and the MOTOTRBO system planner) to be of more use than tech support.
    The conclusion I've come to, is Motorola largely doesn't care if people share their software, yes they aggressively defend their copyrights, but to an extent that's how in the US anyhow, that you retain them. Based on my opswrvation, sharing of software within the industry is frankly, rampant. Motorola mostly seems to care of people are making money off of its proprietary software.

Motorola for all its head-stuck-up-its-assness, is considerably more hobbyist friendly that say, Harris. That said, you're effectively inviting pirating when you sell configuration software for your hardware, but then make it considerably harder to buy that software than the hardware that needs it.

Thanks

Some call centers use the G.729 codec for their SIP services. It's a horrible codec. They use it to save bandwidth, instead of G.711U/A, which is not compressed nearly as bad.

When you're on a cell phone with a crappy vocoder, connected to a call center using G.729, combined with whatever "echo cancellation" misconfiguration, and you're prompted to enter DTMF tones, sometimes they won't even be decoded.

The worst call center audio I ever heard was T-Mobile customer service. No matter who/when I called, I could barely make it out. And it doesn't help when English is not their primary language.
    G.729 doesn't sound THAT bad, but you need to use out of band touch tones with it. I personally have a strong preference for u-law PCM and a-law PCM, with a considerable soft spot for EVRC.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aloha For This Useful Post:

Mars (Apr 26, 2018)

Thanks

if anyone was wondering, I'm still waiting for my order for CPS to be released from credit hold.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aloha For This Useful Post:

Mars (May 02, 2018)

Thanks

One other option is to find a dealer, pay the dealer for the sub yourself and get the CPS on a stick when its updated.

Again Moto has no reason to have people jump through these hoops, it continues to show how out of touch they are with the real market place. Sadly their service depot is just as clueless. For a multi national corporating its an embarrassment.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

Mars (May 02, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    One other option is to find a dealer, pay the dealer for the sub yourself and get the CPS on a stick when its updated.

Again Moto has no reason to have people jump through these hoops, it continues to show how out of touch they are with the real market place. Sadly their service depot is just as clueless. For a multi national corporating its an embarrassment.
    I full well know, that if I called Motorola, they would release the credit hold, I'm curious what happens if I do nothing - and just sit here and wait - will it release on its own, will it sit there forever? I'm also too busy to deal with it right now.

Thanks

Save your money and pirate it from AssTech. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's so true. There's absolutely no incentive to support MSI. They won't even take your money without a hassle. They absolutely DO NOT seem to care about your interest in doing business with them.

The money you save from pirating the CPS could be used to purchase an extra battery or two, or upgrade your computer to work better with their laggy CPS.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

AD0JA (May 04, 2018),box (May 03, 2018),Navy_BOFH (May 03, 2018),Viper1-6 (May 02, 2018)

Thanks

Save your money and pirate it from AssTech. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's so true. There's absolutely no incentive to support MSI. They won't even take your money without a hassle. They absolutely DO NOT seem to care about your interest in doing business with them.

The money you save from pirating the CPS could be used to purchase an extra battery or two, or upgrade your computer to work better with their laggy CPS.
    The money at this time, is already spent - so lets see what happens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aloha View Post
    I full well know, that if I called Motorola, they would release the credit hold, I'm curious what happens if I do nothing - and just sit here and wait - will it release on its own, will it sit there forever? I'm also too busy to deal with it right now.
    If you leave a brown paper bag with non sequential unmarked bills by the big tree. I will leave a flash stick with the CPS at our agreed to location..... NO Motorola COPS or else!!!!!!!!!

They cant even do a simple credit check jezzz. Walmart can do that in 3 miniutes. I dont think Moto has that many people applying for accounts.

HMMM a really nasty idea occurs to me. What would happen if everyone here were to apply for an account over the next week??? Maybe the accounts manager will have a breakdown or something. it may get so bad the company may topple.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

AD0JA (May 04, 2018),box (May 03, 2018),k1ngfish (May 08, 2018),Mars (May 03, 2018),p25smartzone (May 03, 2018)

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 505 Posts

HMMM a really nasty idea occurs to me. What would happen if everyone here were to apply for an account over the next week??? Maybe the accounts manager will have a breakdown or something. it may get so bad the company may topple.
    Sure... let's use @austech.info email addresses...

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to triptolemus For This Useful Post:

AD0JA (May 04, 2018),bsdam (May 08, 2018),com501 (May 03, 2018),Mars (May 03, 2018),Navy_BOFH (May 03, 2018)

Thanks

Reply to aloha...

It will remain on credit hold until the end of time. Been there. Again, as our local agency's state tax exemption letter gets within a few months of expiring (still valid, though), we get put in Motorola time out (credit hold) like a child who has been bad. They do not contact us to tell us that they would like a new letter (they're only good for a year at a time). Unless WE CALL and ask what the problem is with our order, nothing happens (then the tax exemption truly expires months later and then really nothing happens). Btw, if we send a new annual letter on our own initiative ahead of expiration, they don't know what to do with it when it shows up on their fax machine and it mysteriously disappears with no credit for sending the new year's exemption. Timmy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFireRadio View Post
    Reply to aloha...

It will remain on credit hold until the end of time. Been there. Again, as our local agency's state tax exemption letter gets within a few months of expiring (still valid, though), we get put in Motorola time out (credit hold) like a child who has been bad. They do not contact us to tell us that they would like a new letter (they're only good for a year at a time). Unless WE CALL and ask what the problem is with our order, nothing happens (then the tax exemption truly expires months later and then really nothing happens). Btw, if we send a new annual letter on our own initiative ahead of expiration, they don't know what to do with it when it shows up on their fax machine and it mysteriously disappears with no credit for sending the new year's exemption. Timmy!
    The odd thing is - I'm not tax exempt, they charge me sales tax every time I order something. I don't doubt it will stay that way until I complain though.

Thanks

So I phoned Motorola on Friday.

I ended up speaking to a supervisor, who told me that because I have an individual account, all my orders automatically will be placed into credit hold - though they were unable to explain why this order was still on hold - I was also told that I my order would be released on friday, once a message was sent to the credit analyst.

As of an hour ago, my order is still sitting in credit hold.

I give up.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to aloha For This Useful Post:

box (May 08, 2018)

Thanks

I guess they are trying to figure out how to process a credit card payment and dont want to admit they cant figure it out. However if you were send $$$ you will probably get HT600 RSS and not The CPS you ordered.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

mss-dave (May 08, 2018)

Thanks

I guess they are trying to figure out how to process a credit card payment and dont want to admit they cant figure it out. However if you were send $$$ you will probably get HT600 RSS and not The CPS you ordered.
    So just last week, I tried to order more 25 Khz EID which are FREE. Wouldn't let me add to the cart like it did before (which took me weeks of back and forth with different fine folks in Chicago and Poland....). After whacking at it again, they told me they needed a credit card to charge at $0. WTF...really? Not an individual account, business although it's limited to parts and accessories and even that has restrictions. I cannot for example order digital upgrade for CP200D.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to mss-dave For This Useful Post:

Mars (May 08, 2018)

Thanks

Been on the same boat a couple of times, I Was told by an internal source who expedited releasing my hold, that "CREDIT HOLD" is now way related to your credit card or your credit standing, it is an internal Motorola legacy keyword that carried but he can't explain as to why it was on review or hold to begin with.

Thanks

After reading the last couple of posts, I really would hope Greg Brown can get things optimized and clean up this mess. It is unbelievable. If I was entrusted to run a business, and set things up like that, I would be fired immediately.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

BobbyBoucher (May 12, 2018),box (May 09, 2018)

Thanks

Motorola decided to allow me to buy software after all - it has 'shipped' and as a side effect I have access to a bunch of other 'stuff' now on MOL.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to aloha For This Useful Post:

com501 (May 16, 2018)