Thread: X9000 Type II trunking UHF radio

Thanks

Default X9000 Type II trunking UHF radio

I know that Motorola made a Type II 800 mhz trunked radio, and I read about UHF and VHF versions, but has anybody ever seen one.

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

Yep! We had a couple in the fleet prior to rebanding.

Edit: to be clear we had 800MHz ones.. i have never seen them in V or U, but i wouldnt doubt some goofy fed version exists.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 664 Posts

Yup, I own one. It's called an X9000E and it does Type I and Type II/IIi Trunking with or without SecureNet (mine is with ). The trunking "personality" board is a small 2 x 4 inch plugboard like the MDC or SecureNet option boards, which it also has one of. I also thought they were only available in 800 MHz AFAIK, at least that's what all my manuals say, but I do seem to remember seeing some Navy shipboard trunked radios that did trunking on UHF in the 403-420 MHz part of the band. I only remember this because that was when I learned you had to enter every control channel individually instead of using a base + offset channel number like the 800 Mhz stuff or the newer ASTRO25 radios do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yup, I own one. It's called an X9000E and it does Type I and Type II/IIi Trunking with or without SecureNet (mine is with ). The trunking "personality" board is a small 2 x 4 inch plugboard like the MDC or SecureNet option boards, which it also has one of. I also thought they were only available in 800 MHz AFAIK, at least that's what all my manuals say, but I do seem to remember seeing some Navy shipboard trunked radios that did trunking on UHF in the 403-420 MHz part of the band. I only remember this because that was when I learned you had to enter every control channel individually instead of using a base + offset channel number like the 800 Mhz stuff or the newer ASTRO25 radios do.
    I knew there were some out there, I have a 800 mhz version that I would like to make work on a UHF chassis, any ideas on how. I do have trunked Lab, I just need to know if it's possible.