Thread: XTS-3000 Mod3 Questions

Squad101 No Longer Registered

Default XTS-3000 Mod3 Questions

Hey,

I'm new to the forum and I have a XTS-3000 on the way and I have reading up on it and I am still kind of confused. This my first radio and I have a couple of questions. Sorry if these questions have been answered before, I search the forum and couldn't find the info I was looking for.

1. What cable do I need to program the radio. I read that some people have problems with certain cables.

2. I want to monitor a Four Channel VHF P25 System, is there a certain way to program the radio to make it easier to monitor in Conventional mode.

Thank You.

Thanks

You can program the radio with any Jedi cable. I use a Maxton ribless cable, & it works fine. Of course you will need the CPS to program the radio. I leave question 2 to those who know more than me. GARY

Squad101 No Longer Registered

ok thanks, I will look for one of those.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 664 Posts

As for your second question that is a well discussed topic around here. Please use the "Search" function or just start reading the forums, I think that it is a popular enough topic for there to be sticky message about it. In short, yes you can passively monitor the trunked system from a single conventional channel if you do it right and it will follow the trunked talkgroups properly.