Thread: Telex IP-224 Interfqce info needed

Thanks

Default Telex IP-224 Interfqce info needed

The shop where I work has recently started servicing a Telex C-Soft Console system with IP-224 gateways. The company that installed this system is no longer in business.

We have to get set up with Telex as a dealer to gain access to service manuals and support (we don't have a manual on the IP-224)

In the interim, we are trying to do frequency selection on one radio with the digital outputs for channel selection on the IP-224 which is interfaced to a Motorola CM200.

We do know that we have part of the configuration set up correctly in the 224 but our big question is this...Is the format on these Channel output select lines binary encoded or does each line output select a particular channel.

Yes..I do know that the CM-200 is binary in.

The customer is about a two hour drive from the shop and we quit on it late Wednesday night without sorting this out since we were beat and still had to make the drive home.

Thanks

The IP224 can do either BCD or 1 of N through it's relay closure set up. There's a whole page of it. You'll want manuals for CSoft and IP224. You configure the console(s) freq select for this resource in CSoft Designer, and the IP224 in either the web interface or the TSM (Telex System Manager). And then you get to build the interface cable, or at least add wires to it if they aren't there already. Good times.

Contact Bosch Telex support through their web page with your request for manuals. They are generally pretty good about giving out information.

If you don't get any help, send me a PM with your mailing address,and I'll mail you a product CD with the complete set of manuals.
    Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Thanks

I have the C Soft manual and was thinking about the relay approach before we left. As I said in my post, we were both tired and left before it got any later.

Your reply confirms what I was planning on doing on our next trip.