Thread: XTS2500 P25 programming

beaux No Longer Registered

Default XTS2500 P25 programming

I have a XTS2500 portable and am using CPS R17.01.00 to reprogram the radio.
    How do I program a freq with the NAC code?
    I have "astro" set in the Conv. Personality, but i am lost from here.

Thanks for any help!!

Thanks

you enter the frequency and NAC info under the zones channel assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by n9whm View Post
    you enter the frequency and NAC info under the zones channel assignment.
    All the to the right end? okay i think i have that down now.
    Another problem I have is that the "X" to delete a personality and zone assignments are greyed out for me.
    How do I delete unwanted info?

Thanks

You must have at least one of everything left in a codeplug, you cannot delete the only zone/personality remaining even if there is only default data in them.

If you have more than one zone/personality, you delete the one you are currently viewing with the red X at the bottom of the window, the red X at the top of the window will only delete individual items (when hi-lighted) from within that zone or personality.

EDIT: When deleting individual items from within the zones/personalities once again, you cannot delete the last remaining entry, as I said, there must be one of everything even if it's not being used.
    Last edited by Bigfella237; Nov 02, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: see text
    Andrew

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beaux View Post

All the to the right end? okay i think i have that down now.
    Another problem I have is that the "X" to delete a personality and zone assignments are greyed out for me.
    How do I delete unwanted info?
    If you're down to the last personality you need deleted, add a default personality and then delete the unwanted one.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks for you input Bigfella.
    I have 240 conv personalities in this radio, and 15 Zone Channel Assignments and i want to delete some them.
    I do understand that you have to have one there, but I have 240!
    I am on the LAST Personality in the list, number 240, and the "X" at the bottom is NOT red, it is greyed.
    Same goes for the Zone Channel Assignments, while on the last Zone Channel Assignment page the X is also greyed out.
    SO, how do I delete?
    Do you think that this is a FPP radio that might have something to do with it?

Thanks again,

Thanks for you input Bigfella.
    I have 240 conv personalities in this radio, and 15 Zone Channel Assignments and i want to delete some them.
    I do understand that you have to have one there, but I have 240!
    I am on the LAST Personality in the list, number 240, and the "X" at the bottom is NOT red, it is greyed.
    Same goes for the Zone Channel Assignments, while on the last Zone Channel Assignment page the X is also greyed out.
    SO, how do I delete?
    Do you think that this is a FPP radio that might have something to do with it?

Thanks again,

Thanks

Oh, you didn't say you had FPP, that changes everything!

I absolutely HATE FPP for this reason, the whole fixed zone/mode/personality structure makes me want to test the structural integrity of the radio with a high velocity impact to an immovable object (read: throw the thing at a brick wall)!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    Oh, you didn't say you had FPP, that changes everything!

I absolutely HATE FPP for this reason, the whole fixed zone/mode/personality structure makes me want to test the structural integrity of the radio with a high velocity impact to an immovable object (read: throw the thing at a brick wall)!
    Yes, I am starting to feel the same way!! Trust me!!
    So, that being said, am I stuck with it like it is? To change this would require a new/different FLASHcode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beaux View Post
    Yes, I am starting to feel the same way!! Trust me!!
    So, that being said, am I stuck with it like it is? To change this would require a new/different FLASHcode?
    What is the Firmware revision of the radio? Is it an 'AN' or 'BN' model number?

Thanks

What safe said... Can you post the radio's full model number (which will end with either AN or BN), the FLASHcode, and the Host firmware version?
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by safe View Post
    What is the Firmware revision of the radio? Is it an 'AN' or 'BN' model number?
    There is a BN at the end of the model number.
    With the CPS, Radio Information-Versioning tab, Firmware: R17.01.01

Thanks

The reason I asked for the Flashcode is to find out if you have Q52 or Q53 or both?

And do you want to end up with Front Panel Programming as a working feature?

And does the radio have trunking options installed and do you need them (even for non-affiliate scanning)?

We'll get there eventually...
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    The reason I asked for the Flashcode is to find out if you have Q52 or Q53 or both?

And do you want to end up with Front Panel Programming as a working feature?

And does the radio have trunking options installed and do you need them (even for non-affiliate scanning)?

We'll get there eventually...
    Model # H46KDH9PW7BN
    FLASHcode: 520001-001304-7
    According to a website decoder it has both the Q52 and Q53.
    Having FPP is not really important, but if there is a way to keep it then I would like to but not a deal breaker.
    I dont think it has trunking available. at least the trunking stuff does not show up in the CPS.
    And i dont know what non-affiliate scanning is.

thanks again for all the help! I know we will get there at some point...

Thanks

FPP is definitely a trade-off. Without knowing your primary use scenario for the unit, I would recommend that you keep the FPP if you actually will use it but other than that, even a "just in case" I don't think is good enough to not be able to have more modes. Afterall, if I am understanding correctly, Motorola thinks that the radio needs the memory from the 610 (850 - 240) removed available channels just to do FPP. I could be wrong and there could be another reason but I find it frustrating at times. (I use an xts5000 UHF Q FPP btw and I do use FPP often)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 664 Posts

It's not a memory issue.

It's an artificial restriction that Motorola put in the firmware and/or CPS. The reason Q53 was added was people were screwing with the radios using FPP to modify a channel, which inadvertently affected ALL channels attached to that personality. I (and probably most people) would use one personality as a "template" for all the channels in a zone, since they all were typically similar, used the same scanlist, etc. That would save on programming time and space, having only 16-20 personalities for a radio with 255 or more "modes" or channels.

But if you change certain things like TX/RX mode ANALOG/ASTRO it will change it in the personality not just the zone mode data, and that was messing people up. So, to keep this from happening they forced Q53 down everyone's throat which enforces the 240 predefined personalities, 16-channels-per-zone, 15 zones one mode-per-personality structure that you can't change.

The only restriction on no trunking comes from the CPS, if FPP is on, then it won't let you select the "Conventional/Trunked" field in the Zone screen. I once had a radio experimentally set up for trunking and Q52 only, using late firmware and CPS and it ALMOST worked, up until I ran into the aforementioned problem of not being able to turn on the trunking data all entered.