Thread: P25 Conventional ID Display

Thanks

Default P25 Conventional ID Display

Iv been trying to get this to work for a while and no luck

Monitoring a P25 conventional company that does not use a talkgroup (but shows as the default 1)
    Iv added a bunch of radio ID's in the ASTRO Systems Call List but they dont show on the radio (Spectra)

Iv tried making a talkgroup and assigning that to the P25 channel, tried it with no talkgroup, Tried changing the RX Unmute rule, Tried different combos of having Selective call decode checked/unchecked and all dont show the radio names iv made for each RID

What the hell am i missing?

Thanks

More information would probably help members answer your question. Please note the banner at the top of the page, to wit:

"If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information."

Thanks

Also, are you trying to get the radio to display the conventional talkgroup or the radio ID?

There is no way to display a raw TGID, and most conventional systems don't use one anyway. RID display requires Enhanced Digital ID Display in the flashcode. You also can't display RID aliases in a 1st-gen Astro radio... you need an Astro25 radio for that at the minimum.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

Thanks

I'll have to get back to ya'll with FW and all the hardware details but its all the latest junk for the spectra.

I just want the radio to show the aliases on the screen is all. Does have Digital ID display, works on a trunking system so figured it would work on a conventional P25 system also

Thanks

So you just want it to display "Bob" on the screen instead of "ID 1234" basically?

Make sure the ASTRO Call List has them set as "Ind" for the type, first of all.

Then in the conventional personality, under the "ASTRO Call" tab, make sure at least one of the "Decode" options is enabled. I don't know why this matters, but it does. It seems to "turn on" the decoding, if that makes sense.

I just tested this, and it works fine on an XTS3000.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Make sure you have the correct NAC and use Normal Squelch or whatever it's called (don't use digital squelch).

Forgot to ask, since you listed this in the Astro forum, what radio are you using? I don't believe RID aliasing came asking until the ASTRO25 series.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cyrus For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Jun 18, 2018)

Thanks

Correct. Just want the alias to show on the screen. They are set as Ind and not Grp for them all

Selective Call Decode is checked, iv tried with normal squelch and digital made no difference.

Its a Astro Spectra. I can get the alias to work on a trunked system by adding them into the call list for that trunk system, but dunno what the deal is with conventional P25
    MDC1200 is showing alias... just P25 Conven is a no go

Astro Spectra CPS 5.3.0
    Codeplug Ver 000C
    FW 11.08.01.00
    DSP N08.02.02
    Flash 599108-145E00-0

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Muxlow For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Jun 18, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Forgot to ask, since you listed this in the Astro forum, what radio are you using? I don't believe RID aliasing came asking until the ASTRO25 series.
    In defense of my original reply... I only tried it on MDC1200 and P25 conventional IDs in Astro Spectra and XTS3000 radios and it didn't work on either one. In Astro Spectra Plus and XTL5000 radios it works just fine for both.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

Thanks

Well thats just dumb on motorolas part. Can have this option working on MDC and trunking but not p25 conven.
    Booooo

Thanks

It has been awhile, but I believe you have to put the alias in the conventional call list and then associate the call list with the conventional personality. Nothing was messed with in Trunking or creating Conv. Talkgroups.

I may have to drag out my Astro Spectra and dust it off and check. I used it for a Ham P25 repeater, and pretty sure I had individual Call Signs showing on display. In fact I know I did.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

I don't have a conven call list it seems

15294467471772015746415.jpg

Thanks

Should be under Astro Systems and then Astro Call List (might be slightly off on the wording - my Astro laptop is elsewhere at the time).

Thanks

Thats where iv got all my radio ID's right now is Conventional-Astro systems-astro call list

Have 18 IND radios listed with names and all i see on the radio is just the RID still

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muxlow View Post
    Thats where iv got all my radio ID's right now is Conventional-Astro systems-astro call list

Have 18 IND radios listed with names and all i see on the radio is just the RID still
    Did you associate the call list in the conventional personality?
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

Does not give me an option anyplace to do it
    Under the conven personality-ASTRO Astro Systems i have the correct system selected (its just 1 since thats the only one)
    Astro Call selective call decode checked,
    Astro talkgroup options Talkgroup list/ID are set to 1 as there is only 1 TG and list.
    Dont see an option to assign the list to that specific "channel"
    Same under the ASTRO SYSTEMS config, not seeing anyplace to choose that.

Its different under trunking i have to select the call lists, but i think under conventional you can only have 1 list so it defaults anyways?

Thanks

I'll have to try it with my XTS3000 - but I think (digging through my rusty memory here) - the Astro line Call ID list was essentially an "address book" so you can save IDs under names for individual calls/paging - but will not Alias the ID to a name. I know my XTS5000 will do it - and will do Soft ID - but IIRC the Astro Saber/Astro Spectra/XTS3000 wouldn't do it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Navy_BOFH For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Jun 21, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_BOFH View Post
    I'll have to try it with my XTS3000 - but I think (digging through my rusty memory here) - the Astro line Call ID list was essentially an "address book" so you can save IDs under names for individual calls/paging - but will not Alias the ID to a name. I know my XTS5000 will do it - and will do Soft ID - but IIRC the Astro Saber/Astro Spectra/XTS3000 wouldn't do it.
    I know that's how the MDC works on the regular astro series, so I always assumed it worked the same for digital. I know I have never seen it display an alias for a digital id, though I never looked into it too much since it won't alias MDC outside of the call list either.

My Astro Spectra Plus will, but those are astro 25 series.

If it matters to anyone, though I'm sure its already been tested, but I can see about my 9600 firmware 3000 will do it, although I'd bet $20 that it won't since it can barely do anything.
    Last edited by bstafford; Jun 21, 2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added info