Thread: astros not picking up digital transmissions

Thanks

Default astros not picking up digital transmissions

hello all,got a couple of more astro spectras and programmed them to scan in conventional just like my first radios,they seem to have the same features except the addition of w7 heads,these are however picking up nothing except the analog station identifier every so often.Are some astros not capable of p25 decoding or did I get a couple of bum radios?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fullpwr5675 View Post
    hello all,got a couple of more astro spectras and programmed them to scan in conventional just like my first radios,they seem to have the same features except the addition of w7 heads,these are however picking up nothing except the analog station identifier every so often.Are some astros not capable of p25 decoding or did I get a couple of bum radios?
    What is the model #, flashcode, host and dsp versions?

Thanks

model # T99DX+132_astro ID D04UJH9PW7AN ,info from the radio when I do the home button-R117100 N080303 CNTLHD31 D04UJH9PW7AN 494AAL20 40 1 MEG Flashcode 100008-000000-0. Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions lol,very new to playing with astros.These were a couple of mystery radios I won on ebay (cheap fortunately).

Thanks

I bet in the conventional personality or trunking talkgroup options you did not select astro or both(conventional) or digital (trunking).

Thanks

Tried changing all of the above,astro,mixed-mode etc,even looked the codeplug over that I made for the radios that are working to compare settings.Everything seems like it should be working,none of my radios I have yet are astro 25 trunking capable (so I can't experiment with non-affiliate trunk scanning yet).Programmed a local 800 analog police freq in and picking up fine

Thanks

kind of off topic here but can anybody verify a radio I'm looking to purchase is definitly a vhf astro? model is T99DX+136w ID D04JKF9PW5AN_UCM also says 1 meg 2.5 khz.Is this a narrowband unit too? Sorry to post in here but didn't want to waste a whole thread on this question

Thanks

got it working lol,don't know what I changed as I changed a few things and it started recieving.I saved the cps that didn't work so I'm going to look over them both to see what I did to make it work ahh the joys of figuring things out

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 670 Posts

The model number you posted above D04JKF9PW5AN_UCM means that (if it hasn't been screwed with) is it's a LOW SPLIT VHF (good for Ham use) 136-162 MHz high-power radio. That is preferable for Ham use as I said, because it will do APCO below 146 MHz. It also means it has a limited keypad (W5) and a "secure" crypto module (_UCM). The 2.5khz certification means yes, it will do narrowband.

You are forgiven for hijacking your own thread

Thanks

thanks for the info alpha,been trying to get a good vhf astro and this one sounds like a winner