Thread: Motorola XTS3000 UHF Firmwareupdate

Thanks

Default Motorola XTS3000 UHF Firmwareupdate

Hello,
    I recently purchased a XTS3000 radio, UHF 403-470 MHz. Unfortunately, it has pretty old firmware in it, R05.06.00, DSP N06.05.02.
    I would love to get the firmware upgraded, I am not confident to do this myself, have never upgraded Motorola firmware before.
    I have SRIB and iButton Reader a not the Firmware.

Best regards
    Hans

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 664 Posts

The firmware is here: https://www.p25.ca/threads/46-XTS300...P-08-03-05-CVN

The upgrade is fairly self-explanatory, pull down "Tools->Flashport->Upgrade" and in the box, select COM: port and point to the file you get above. Make sure your iButton is inserted, and away you go. The procedure will have you reset the radio (power off and on again), and take about 10-15 minutes.

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

Be VERY patient as it will look like nothing is going on while it loads the firmware to the SRIB. It may even say CPS is not responding. Just walk away from the computer and go watch TV for awhile and let it do its thing. Disable any power management, screen savers etc prior and make sure you have a fresh hot battery on the radio.

Thanks

Hi ,
    I would like to replace the firmware of the XTS3000. How much does a DALLAS iButton cost in the Canada with FLASHkey for the XTS3000?
    Then could you order such a FLASHkey on the iButton and I buy it.
    Cheers
    Hans

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 664 Posts

So by "ibutton reader" you don't mean a whole flashkey, you only have the holder clip/adapter? Oh. OK, then you need to get a hold of a Motorola dealer that can sell you a refresh flashkey. If you search the forums here you will find both information on what upgrades cost, and dealers that you can order parts from. Either that or for the expense of doing this for only one radio, you might consider having an authorized dealer or someone around here in Canada like Mars who can do the upgrade for you.

Thanks

Hi,
    I have not found any dealer in Germany. I have the software, the smart RIB box and the iButton reader.
    The dealer does not have any FLASHkey because either the XTS3000 are not sold in Germany.
    Cheers
    Hans

Thanks

Hi,
    thank you for the kind help from the forum. I have changed the HOST (ROS) chip and the DSP chip and therefore taken to the current firmware.
    Thanks a lot again to everyone who helped me!
    Cheers
    Hans