Thread: MTX9250 to HT1250?

Thanks

Default MTX9250 to HT1250?

Any way to flash it over to a 900 conventional firmware? It would be nice to get the trunking stuff out of there and be able to use the normal Professional CPS.

Thanks

It can be done with something called the "US Waris Lab Upgrade kit'

start searching its outhere.

this program will let you force whatwever codeplug you want into the radio BUT you must be sure first that your existing radio is a waris series radio (pro series) and that the firmware in the radio will be comaptable.

Thanks

I have the software. Any hints as to which Tanapa is correct? It is a MTX9250 now with display and full keypad. Looks just like a HT1250 so I guess it's a Waris radio. It is currently a PMUF1060A. Or Super Tanapa PMUF1060ABN. AAH25WCH4GB6AN.

Thanks

I have done a bit of checking for you. The MTX9250 is a different productline than the HT1250. You will not be able to convert one to another.

HT1250 uses Waris pro CPS (6.12.05)
    MTX9250 uses waris trunking pro CPS (2.03.00)

the radios also use totally differnet firmware sets and formats.

Thanks

Hate to disagree with a moderator... but the conclusion that this won't work isn't exactly true. A firmware tool is required. Since, as Notarola pointed out, these models use different software (thus different firmware as well).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Hate to disagree with a moderator... but the conclusion that this won't work isn't exactly true. A firmware tool is required. Since, as Notarola pointed out, these models use different software (thus different firmware as well).
    Having owned several MTX9250s and modded them, and also having owned several HT1250s, I'm going to have to agree with Notarola. The firmware in the two radios is radically different (look at the files with a hex editor), and the memory partitions in the two radios are also very different. If it could be done, you would have convert the trunking firmware into conventional firmware, blow the modded firmware into the radio, and then rewrite Waris Pro CPS to support 900 MHz. So, I guess you could say that nothing is impossible, but there are limits to what makes sense.

Thanks

Hi All, I can confirm that you can re-flash a MTX9250 to HT1250 but you CAN NOT re-flash
    a HT1250 to MTX9250. You just need right tools for the Job to update the CP and FW!

AK

Thanks

Does the radio actually work after? I didn't think there were 900Mhz ht1250's.

Thanks

yep you are right there is no 900MHz HT1250's but you can convert a MTX9250 to HT1250 I did not say the radio will TX/RX (Fail 001)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    It can be done with something called the "US Waris Lab Upgrade kit'

start searching its out there..
    I realize this is a tool that can modify current Moto product, but since it isn't made by Moto, could it get posted here? No different than the tools available here to modify Astro25 radio codeplugs here, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by k101 View Post
    yep you are right there is no 900MHz HT1250's but you can convert a MTX9250 to HT1250 I did not say the radio will TX/RX (Fail 001)
    Bit of a useless mod then...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-T View Post
    I realize this is a tool that can modify current Moto product, but since it isn't made by Moto, could it get posted here? No different than the tools available here to modify Astro25 radio codeplugs here, IMO.
    Please be reminded that we do not permit requests for depot or lab tools on this forum.

Thanks

I'm fairly certain that the inofficial us waris lab upgrade kit, is just a hack on a motorola tool. So that would be a no. Its easy enough to find. The tools here add things to radios motorola doesn't charge for, the waris kit can convert models.

Thanks

before flash waris series radio.
    save tuner value first

Thanks

I think it is safe to say you can do anything to any radio if your willing to put in the effort. However if a modification does not function then its usless as far as the general forums are concerned. This is not to say we have no interest in such modifications but it should be made clear that the modification will not function and that the steps are posted for example to show how something could be done.

Thanks

Magnus, you are right. There is no 900 MHz HT1250 but the mtx9250ls is a ltr version that is capable of up to 128 conventional channels and uses Professional CPS. So it's almost as good as an HT1250.

Thanks

Thats what I was looking for, yes then that is indeed useful, I wasn't aware of that model.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Magnus, you are right. There is no 900 MHz HT1250 but the mtx9250ls is a ltr version that is capable of up to 128 conventional channels and uses Professional CPS. So it's almost as good as an HT1250.
    Variable-

An MTX9250 is a privacy plus (type II) trunking radio that is spec'd to have 160 channels trunking and conventional combined. However, if you program the radio for conventional channels only, the limit is 49. Also, there is a separate trunking version of pro CPS to program the radio (HVN9067).

If there is an MTX9250LS that will take 128 conventional channels and can be programmed with Waris Pro CPS and not the trunking version, can you post that information? I've never seen one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
    Please be reminded that we do not permit requests for depot or lab tools on this forum.
    Understood, but since it didn't come from Moto direct, I had to ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the inofficial us waris lab upgrade kit, is just a hack on a motorola tool. So that would be a no. Its easy enough to find. The tools here add things to radios motorola doesn't charge for, the waris kit can convert models.
    Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks

Ice-T - No problem, that's what we are here for.

Variable - Do you have a model or tanapa # for the mtx9250ls? I may want to give this conversion a shot.

Thanks

Ice-T,

Thank you for understanding our concerns. It's easy to get the impression that an "Unofficial" or "Inofficial" Waris Lab Upgrade Tool is not a Motorola product. Various versions of that tool have been floating around the Internet for several years, and were used to change Euro 5T radios into MDC radios, and perform various other mods. To the best of my knowledge, the tool is Motorola software that has been edited to bypass a dongle requirement and add other features. Several years ago, the tool was freely available on a popular UK site until Motorola came knocking on their door. The site settled with Motorola and pulled all of their software-related downloads.

P25.ca has a policy of respecting the rights of all copyright holders, not just Motorola. Even if the tool was not a Motorola tool, but was a tool built from the ground up by a third party, we would not want to post the tool unless we confirmed that the tool was in the public domain or we first obtained the permission of the person who wrote the tool (or the copyright holder if different).

We appreciate everyone's patience with our questions about such matters, since we don't want Motorola or anyone else knocking on our door.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFrog View Post
    Any way to flash it over to a 900 conventional firmware? It would be nice to get the trunking stuff out of there and be able to use the normal Professional CPS.
    JeepFrog,

If you need any help using the trunking software to program your MTX9250, I should be able to answer any specific questions. I can also provide you with a sample codeplug with all 49 conventional channels popluated with repeater and simplex frequencies. Over the last several years, I have programmed a dozen of those radios for our local 900 repeater group and still have codeplugs and a legitimate copy of the latest version of the trunking CPS.

Thanks

I was sorely mistaken about the mtx9250. An embarrassing mistake but I was assuming that since an mtx8250ls model existed with conventional firm and 128 channels that surely a 900 MHz version existed. Boy was I wrong. My mind had even convinced me that o had seen the tanapa file for this model!

Sorry for the confusion and misinformation regarding this topic. I'll be more careful next time before getting anyone's hopes up.

That said. This project shouldn't be impossible. There should be 2 ways to achieve this if one is so inclined.

1. Carefully checkout the hex file for the mtx8250ls and use this information to create a file for the 900mhz. (I'm sure easier said than done).

2. Modify the existing mtx8250ls codeplug to allow out of band programming. If this codeplug was blown into a mtx9250 it could theoretically create a working mtx9250ls.

As I'm a bit of a newbie in this forum I welcome any moderator to rule these as options and discussions of them as off limits.

Also an interesting topic (but purely speculative) would be why did Motorola create a 800 MHz LTR version for this platform but not a 900 MHz version?

Does anyone know if this is true of the old GTX series portables which were also Privacy Plus and LTR?

Thanks

Now that I think about it. The out of band option would have to be a mod to the software not the codeplug.

Thanks

No problem about being wrong, I am on a daily basis. But thanks for posting back and owning it, that's what we like here, accurate information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
    JeepFrog,

If you need any help using the trunking software to program your MTX9250, I should be able to answer any specific questions. I can also provide you with a sample codeplug with all 49 conventional channels popluated with repeater and simplex frequencies. Over the last several years, I have programmed a dozen of those radios for our local 900 repeater group and still have codeplugs and a legitimate copy of the latest version of the trunking CPS.
    Thanks for the offer but I have it well in hand. I just hate the trunking CPS and hoped to add a few extra conventional features. One less thing to maintain too.

OT: I have been in no hurry since there are really no machines near me to play with. Years later and I am still trying to get my Jersey repeater online. Sites suck to procure when you aren't in the business and don't have good friends on the inside. There are two great towers near me where old 900 paging transmitters were and likely still have antenna and coax in place.