Thread: HP8920B A8 Module Back up battery.

Thanks

Default HP8920B A8 Module Back up battery.

Does anyone know what exactly this battery backs up? The Repair Manual glosses over the replacement .

I am only doing this as preventative maintenance. Not having any test set faults, nor do I want any.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 579 Posts

That series has a global stored profile, and individual setup memories. They are probably maintained in battery-backed-up RAM memory, or it could be E2PROM. It may have a clock for realtime stamping and internal logging, so it would probably back up the clock and settings memory. Note - just a guess, I have used them before but never serviced one, yet...

Thanks

Im about to pull down my 8924C to fix the PSU. Maybe Ill find some answers while Im in there!

Thanks

Will be interested in knowing this as well. I have a "old stock" 8920A that was HP branded but looks like it came from the Agilent factory new in 2005 with its factory cal sticker on it. I got it for a ridiculously good price so I couldn't say no - and it seems to still be holding my RTC and settings data just fine. I wonder what the rated service life of the battery is now.

Thanks

I will probably wire in supplemental battery power when doing this, but if there is calibration data in there I might hold off for some plan b approach.

I am of the if it's not busted why fix it mindset, but I found another piece of gear with similar battery and it is nearly depleted, so I bought batteries for that and some radios that are in their second and third decade.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk