Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has P25NX kicked the bucket?

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_BOFH View Post
    For ham use - I really hope P25NX comes back so I can set up some repeaters. I keep stalling and have all the equipment ready to go, just haven't set it up yet with hopes to have it all on the original network.
    Not sure what you mean by "comes back" but the network is alive and well. Not much traffic on it but it is alive.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "comes back" but the network is alive and well. Not much traffic on it but it is alive.
    Word was the V2 backend was suffering from latency and audio issues and (as David put it) didn't scale out in real-life as it should have on paper. I live near the NC P25NX system but so far haven't gained any information on if it even exists still to test it out for myself.

Thanks

I won't speak for the other P25 Reflector operators but, On North America (10200) and NA TAC1 (10201) we do not allow bridges to other formats. I have setup a P25 Reflector expressly for people to test bridging.
    I think that most of the hot spots used on P25 sound fine. I switch back and forth between the Quantar and my ZUMSpot prototype and people do not hear and difference. (YMMV) The big issue is to set the hot spot receiver on freq. I also prefer the Quantar for repeater service. The hotspots do well to help fill in where the repeater can not cover.

Thanks

I am glad to hear that no bridging is allowed on the NA talkgroups. I still need to take my service monitor to the repeater site and double check the alignment on the Quantar repeater.

Most users sound decent on the system but I do notice some garbled audio here and there. Of course there are some issues with P25NX.

That said, the way I look at it is not to criticize, but appreciate the time and work that has gone into developing these systems and the continued maintenance.

Thanks

Maybe not dead yet. I have a new job and it might allow more time to work on P5NX. W9CR also has good ideas for it. I would like to try Steveís Quantar bridge too. Maybe that is a better way, I donít know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spectrum24 For This Useful Post:

Navy_BOFH (Sep 24, 2018)

Thanks

I have been excited to see how things will evolve. And with the hardware similarities it should be simple to get everyone on the same network once it happens. I have one repeater locally I would love to hook up and try - which might happen soon since the repeater is essentially dead without some traffic coming through it.

Thanks

I'm still mulling over where to throw our quantar. We've got a local P25 network here in Indiana that's slowly growing, but there's also the MMDVM network to consider as well as OG P25NX. Choices, choices.