Thread: XTL 2500 Hot Mic on Vehicle Start

Thanks

Default XTL 2500 Hot Mic on Vehicle Start

Recent issue noted with some XTL mobiles. When vehicle ignition powers on, radio turns on. When vehicle starts, voltage drops, and radio restarts. Occasionally, the display will remain blank, giving the appearance of the radio not having powered back on - but that is far from the case. The mic will be open, and the radio will transmit audio on the talkgroup, without any indication to the user that the radio is even powered on. Users are unknowingly transmitting while they discuss with one another (often in very colorful language) the problem they are experiencing. They might even share their feelings about the radio, the system in general, their supervisors, their opinion of the call they're being dispatched to, etc. This has, on occasion, been inconvenient.

Radios are XTL mobiles, no separation kit, 7/800 Phase I P25, trunking. Affected radios have been installed for aprox 3 years now, assuming vehicle batteries may be getting old and allowing more voltage drop than when the vehicle was new. Unless anyone else has had this issue and has used a better fix, planning to move power connection closer to battery to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks

I use an 8 second timer on my ign trigger wire so the radio does not turn on until well after the engine is running. GARY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kc8kek View Post
    Recent issue noted with some XTL mobiles. When vehicle ignition powers on, radio turns on. When vehicle starts, voltage drops, and radio restarts. Occasionally, the display will remain blank, giving the appearance of the radio not having powered back on - but that is far from the case. The mic will be open, and the radio will transmit audio on the talkgroup, without any indication to the user that the radio is even powered on. Users are unknowingly transmitting while they discuss with one another (often in very colorful language) the problem they are experiencing. They might even share their feelings about the radio, the system in general, their supervisors, their opinion of the call they're being dispatched to, etc. This has, on occasion, been inconvenient.

Radios are XTL mobiles, no separation kit, 7/800 Phase I P25, trunking. Affected radios have been installed for aprox 3 years now, assuming vehicle batteries may be getting old and allowing more voltage drop than when the vehicle was new. Unless anyone else has had this issue and has used a better fix, planning to move power connection closer to battery to see if this resolves the issue.
    Do these radios have emergency call, silent monitor turned on?

Did someone fail to install the remote emergency switch defeat jumper on the accessory plug?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk